Developmental

estrojen

Did anyone here apply to any developmental psych programs? I've been checking the results page obsessively and I haven't seen anyone post any developmental decisions. So far, I've heard back from UC Santa Cruz (accepted) but I'm still waiting to hear back from UC Berkeley, Washington University in St. Louis, and NYU. Has anyone heard back from these schools? This is driving me crazy!! Though, I'm fairly sure I won't be getting into Berkeley because their visiting weekend is on the 21st and they still haven't contacted me....

• 3 weeks later...

Heard from UMich and UCLA, rejected last week...haven't heard from the other 10 though. These were a mix of development, social, cognitive, and clinical...'areas' are ridiculous...I swear they just confuse things. Prospectives apply based on profs they want to work with, not the 'area,' they're all cross-appointed anyway. Okay totally random rant!... :oops: I haven't heard from NYU either. I wouldn't be too bummed about UCB, their reputation is over-reaching. WashU is excellent and I don't know much about the program at UCSC. The UCSC campus is amazing though, people are great and you can't beat the beach, great surfing (I grew up around there). Though beware the Yippies (yuppie hippies)! :lol:

Good luck!

The Aggie-Hater

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey I applied to 3 schools for Development and 3 Schools for Clinical.

Here's the breakdown

Yale(clinical)-Rejected 2/2/09

WashU (clinical)-Rejected 1/20/09

Stonybrook (clinical)- no news yet

Fordham(developmental)-Had interview on 2/9/09

Emory(developmental)-no news

Brown(development/experiement)-no news

I dont know if anyone has any news on those schools either. So I feel you're pain ?

The years in this thread are confusing me. :? Nearly had a heart attack about HGSE human dev program until I realized that was a post from LAST year.

Anyways, glad to see some developmental people around! Thought I was the only one.. though I am a mix of dev psych/soc. Weird, I know.

I was one of the people who was rejected from Harvard Developmental. I had an informal interview where I was told they had zero slots open unless more funding popped up-- another member of TheGradCafe had a slightly more formal interview. I don't know whether he/she got in, but I sure didn't! Ah well :)

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2009 at 12:42 PM, starfish224 said:

Hey I applied to 3 schools for Development and 3 Schools for Clinical.

Here's the breakdown

Yale(clinical)-Rejected 2/2/08

WashU (clinical)-Rejected 1/20/08

Stonybrook (clinical)- no news yet

Fordham(developmental)-Had interview on 2/9/08

Emory(developmental)-no news

Brown(development/experiement)-no news

I dont know if anyone has any news on those schools either. So I feel you're pain ?

I applied to 5 Applied Developmental and 2 Other type of Developmental Programs Depending on Professor interests:

Fordham University - Waitlisted (If you are accepted not interested please let them know :) ... I really love the professors work & flexibility of the program

George Mason University - Accepted Yay! I am excited and I am very close to accepting the offer but I really want to wait for Fordham!

Claremont Graduate University - Accepted but No Stipend

University of Chicago Comparative Human Development - Accepted to MAPSS (I really really want to work with a professor there, so I am tempted to take it...would that be crazy?)

WashU - Rejected

NYU Steinhardt - no final decisions? (Has anyone heard?)