Dropping grades after acceptance

Hello gradcafe community!

I recently got into a rigorous GPA-heavy master program in Canada (Speech-Language Pathology). I currently have a 3.83 GPA, however I am a bit worried that my grades will drop (they will lol). I am thinking that my final semester, I will receive 1 A, 1 A-, 1 B+ and 1 B-, making it into a 3.43 GPA. Best case, I'll get a 3.5. This is because I took hard classes and I haven't done well in them + the whole stress of the application process really killed my motivation. I was wondering, can my admissions get revoked??? I already payed my registration fee to the program, so I am a bit worried. The admission letter simply said 'successfully pass all of your classes' since it is a condition acceptance!!!!! Worried here, thanks :)

wow!! i am not alone!  i am also worrying about this since i am taking chem. i actually have a 3.5 right now and worried that my GPA will drop to a 3.497. A lot of my friends said that this should not happen and for most courses you need at least a C to be okay (even though i'm not okay with a C). This post totally just gave me relief because I totally feel the same way. Me and my friends have absolutely no motivation and i think you're right - it could be because of the apps and gre and everything. Plus graduation is coming! Keep it going though! You will get through it. I see you got some A's in there. I think you will be fine. Alsoooo, chem and stuff isn't really required for your major (just for the license - at least in the US) so you will be ok.

10 hours ago, SLPdreamer1996 said:

Hello gradcafe community!

I recently got into a rigorous GPA-heavy master program in Canada (Speech-Language Pathology). I currently have a 3.83 GPA, however I am a bit worried that my grades will drop (they will lol). I am thinking that my final semester, I will receive 1 A, 1 A-, 1 B+ and 1 B-, making it into a 3.43 GPA. Best case, I'll get a 3.5. This is because I took hard classes and I haven't done well in them + the whole stress of the application process really killed my motivation. I was wondering, can my admissions get revoked??? I already payed my registration fee to the program, so I am a bit worried. The admission letter simply said 'successfully pass all of your classes' since it is a condition acceptance!!!!! Worried here, thanks :)

I don't think you have anything to worry about, I have never heard of this happening.  The only way that I would be concerned is if it was one of their pre-req classes and you received a grade below a B.