Tired of waiting

Pause

Hi everyone!

I guess there are some of you who are in the same position as me and I just wanted to vent a little and maybe talk about it with some people who might be in the same spot. I applied to both Purdue and Pitt for the BME/BioE Ph.D. program. On April 10th or so I asked about the process and in both schools, they told me I'd have to wait for an answer after the April 15th deadline, before the 20th. Here I am, April 24th writing to you with no answers. I got rejected from UPenn and got invited to the masters of CMU (Since a prof. really liked my profile but didn't have the money to accept me), so I'm hoping in one of them I will get accepted since I cannot afford the Masters (By the way if any of you know of funding for a masters for international students I can apply to I'd be thankful). 

This waiting is even worse since I don't even know when will it end. I'm just hoping it is soon so I can finally live without the constant worry of the app. status. Congrats to all who have been accepted and hold on for those who are still waiting!

BME this year seems to have this fate everywhere. I'm an international student too and am in the exact same situation as you. You can write to your professor and ask if he will allow you to transfer from Masters to PhD as and when a position opens up. Its rare but I've heard it happens. And look for TA/RA positions and other part-time jobs. You can always apply for an education loan , worst comes to worst. Good luck !!