Repairing low GPA + Chasing the med school dream

Hello all,

I graduated from U of T life sci with a GPA of 2.9 (sad I know). I've applied to grad school twice and got rejected both times. I'm still waiting to hear back from my grad school application this year for Fall 2018 entry. I am wondering if I should go back to school and take more undergrad courses and repair my GPA as much as I possibly can. 

Any advice?? Any success stories out there of people who had low GPAs and made it to med school?? 

You should look at the courses that brought your GPA down.  If they were the more quantitative ones, you should strengthen your background there.  For that, undergrad courses (retaken and/or related ones) may be your best bet.  You should also take a couple of graduate level courses to show you can do the work.  Of course, you need to do particularly well on the MCAT.  I've seen people get into solid med schools by following that prescription.

Taking some additional courses would help a bit, esp. any pre-med science courses you did not do so well in the first time around. With that said, you can still get into med school with a lower GPA.... many other factors play into the admissions process and carry some significant weight as well... such as the MCAT scores and your admissions essays. Hopefully this helps a bit. Stay positive and best of luck!

Verbal Ventures Team

https://verbalventures.com/

• 1 month later...