should i still update the schools?

sky_blue

I am still waiting to hear back from Georgetown MSFS and Stanford IPS, but I have been admitted for Georgetown MPP with $15000

I have just passed my home country's foreign service exams and will be offered employment immediately upon graduation. At the same time, i have been just inducted into the phi beta kappa of my school.

I know it is kind of late, but should i still bother to inform these schools? not sure if these factors will be considered, but they can't hurt right?

I'm 99.999999999 percent sure that they won't let you update as a policy, it'd be unfair to the all of the other applicants and a major pain since they'd have to take you're new info and match it with you're already printed, filed, matched with LORs, matched with transcript, all in one folder, application lying somewhere waiting for review. Whoever checks the emails has no say on whether you get in or not.

Besides if you got into Georgetown, then these recent achievements probably aren't big events in the scheme of your app. Phi beta kappa is probably no surprise, they can see you have good grades. You got into the foreign service, but that happens to a lot of people. Don't sweat it, you should be fine for the other two schools.

I'll have to go 50/50 here.

I agree with carpecc; however, updating them would be helpful if you got waitlisted.  Sending things now, when decisions are still being done, could put a sour note on your application (since they're not exactly rolling admissions types.)  But if you are waitlisted, MOST DEFINITELY SEND THOSE UPDATES ASAP.

I'll have to go 50/50 here.

I agree with carpecc; however, updating them would be helpful if you got waitlisted.  Sending things now, when decisions are still being done, could put a sour note on your application (since they're not exactly rolling admissions types.)  But if you are waitlisted, MOST DEFINITELY SEND THOSE UPDATES ASAP.

I agree, it's always worth a shot.

Worst case scenario, they tell you that they can't accept your new info.

I agree, it's always worth a shot.

Worst case scenario, they tell you that they can't accept your new info.

Good point. It can't hurt anything by sending them a follow up email if you want to.