Rejected if by land, accepted if by sea?

rooster34

March 12th. Still no word from any of the four places to which I've applied. They must have gone "Paul Revere" style in sending there notifications. Yes, that must be it. Rejections are sent via horseback while acceptances are sent via sea. And since I am in SW Ohio, it is difficult for the seaborne acceptances to get here.

I really do not understand program offices who do not bother to inform applicants on the results of their admission. They could easily just drop an email, so why do you think that they leave us in limbo?

I really do not understand program offices who do not bother to inform applicants on the results of their admission. They could easily just drop an email, so why do you think that they leave us in limbo?

I definitely agree with you. It just isn't the right thing to do...I think its simple courtesy.

Some of the mystery has been removed; I got an unsolicited rejection email from Purdue. Not too surprised (top ten program), but it hurts a bit when the first one is a rejection. I'll be emailing OSU, UIUC, and Michigan shortly.

I got an unsolicited email from UIUC saying that I was on a short list of strong candidates and that there were additional funds available. They wanted to know my status and if I am still interested. I replied with a "definitely still interested". We'll see what happens. I also emailed both OSU and Michigan on Monday. So far, no reply from either, but OSU is on spring break.