Hello TheGradCafe!

TGCA

Hello GradCafe Community,

I would like to introduce myself as one of the new Admins on TheGradCafe! I’m excited to join the community and serve it in any way I can.

As some of you may or may not have noticed, TGC recently changed ownership. We have long viewed TGC as one of the most valuable communities for future and current grad students. It is our honor to be in a position to help this community continue being a top resource.

In recent years, the forum ownership was unable to dedicate time to help grow the community. We are excited to announce a renewed focus on growth and engagement. We realize the members are what make this community great and it is our intent to stay in the background and provide the resources to allow the forum to flourish.

While we hope for a smooth transition, there are always bumps in the road. We ask for patience as we work through them, but are confident this community will continue to offer tremendous value for years to come.

What to look for:

• Reinstate blog posting (look for an exciting announcement regarding awards for top posters)
  • Recognize top contributors on the forum each month with prizes
  • Implement feature requests
  • Improved server hardware for peak traffic season(already complete)
  • Improved look and feel on the non-forum pages(thegradcafe.com, thegradcafe.com/survey/)
  • Adding resources to help potential grad students along their journey(content, faqs, tools, etc.)
  • An open ear to suggestions...we are eager to help and if there is something that can improve the community, we will do our best to add it

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to discuss!

See you around the forum!

Thanks,
TGCA