Recommendation Letters

I worked for 2 years after graduating with a CSD degree and am now applying for fall 2019. I'm asking 2 professors for LORs but was wondering if it'd be appropriate to get my 3rd LOR from my employer. I work at mortgage company and plan on highlighting skills I learned from the professional experience in my LOI but I'm not sure if getting an LOR from my supervisor will help/hurt me. Any advice is welcomed!

I would contact the program coordinator of the university/degree your applying for.  Sone universities specify on their website they require Academic related LOR but some don't. I would ask to be on the safe side. Good Luck

Most programs I applied to only required two professors. If you believe that your supervisor can give the best recommendation from any other options, you should definitely get one from them!

I had 2 professors and my employer that I worked part-time for throughout college write mine. None of them were even related to the field of CSD or SLP. I was accepted into 3/5 schools I applied to so it wasn't really a problem. I wouldn't let anyone scare you by saying you NEED 3 strong letters from people in the field!