Taking the GRE tomorrow-- any last-minute tips?

historygeek

I take the GRE tomorrow! I'm crazy excited to be done with this thing. 

Anyone have any last-minute tips? I plan to relax for most of the day today, and then review a bit (probably do the practice sections in the Manhattan 5-lb book). I'm most worried about the verbal because of my major/intended program. 

Just stay focused the entire time. The minute you lose focus, time seems to just run away from you. For example, I finished section 1 of my writing with 6 minutes left, and decided to casually review it. Not even halfway through, I suddenly saw that there were 10 seconds remaining... It sounds silly, but don't allow yourself a single moment where you're not focused. Also, use up as much of the 1 minute breaks and 10 minute break as you can. The rest truly helps you focus. Lastly, pace yourself appropriately for each section. I didn't find time to be an issue in the verbal sections, but I knew I had to be lightening quick on each quant question. Best of luck!

Take all the breaks and stay focused during the math (I had time issues with that section). Don't panic and remind yourself that you can always retake it if you're dissatisfied with your score.

Good luck!

On 7/28/2018 at 11:04 PM, E-P said:

How did it go?  Sending good vibes!

It was fine! I didn’t meet my goal but I contacted my top choice programs, who said not to worry about it. I think it’d be pointless to retake it