2019 Early Notification - SAIS

bness2002

Anyone here applying for any of the SAIS programs (MIPP, MAGP, MIEF, MAs, etc.) for the early application round? The application is due by November 1, 2018 for this round.  

I am applying for the MIPP program, and I am hoping to turn in my application by mid-October.

Hey folks, I'm thinking of applying to the MA early notification, but my application isn't exactly as complete as it should be. I'm still in the midst of getting my LoRs together, drafting my SOP, not to mention taking the GRE on the 10th. On top of all this, I've got a job that takes up about 60 hours a week.

My question is if early notification is worth rushing my application or not? Thanks!

23 hours ago, hammyc said:

Hey folks, I'm thinking of applying to the MA early notification, but my application isn't exactly as complete as it should be. I'm still in the midst of getting my LoRs together, drafting my SOP, not to mention taking the GRE on the 10th. On top of all this, I've got a job that takes up about 60 hours a week.

My question is if early notification is worth rushing my application or not? Thanks!

https://saisdcadmissions.blogspot.com/2017/10/2018-admissions-guideline-why-you.html

1. Anyone who gets accepted in the (Master of Arts) early notification pool receives some tuition fellowship

What that means: It means, if you apply directly to Johns Hopkins SAIS DC Master of Arts (MA), you automatically get some type of fellowship (or scholarship) added to your tuition just for being accepted into the early notification pool for the Master of Arts (MA) application. 

Hey! I'm applying for early admission as well. I spoke to the admissions officer at a grad fair two weeks ago. He said that anyone accepted from early admission will receive at least 10k range, with the opportunity of more funding available after the regular admission deadline. Anyone who is not accepted will be waitlisted to the regular deadline. So sounds like a win win. I'm also kind of in a rush to get my SOP, LORs and GRE scores ready so I feel your pain @hammyc! If you don't get any of your information in time, at least you will be pushed to the regular deadline. Nothing will be denied. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, politicalprincess said:

I wish I had been able to apply early notification! I had no idea that the SAIS early deadline was so... early and I just won't have my GRE scores in by then! 

When are you taking the GRE ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone had a great weekend !

I just submitted my MIPP application for the early round notification about an hour ago.  However, 2 of 3 of my recommendations are in and the 3rd one will be submitted by this week.

I wish everyone the best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, bness2002 said:

Hope everyone had a great weekend !

I just submitted my MIPP application for the early round notification about an hour ago.  However, 2 of 3 of my recommendations are in and the 3rd one will be submitted by this week.

I wish everyone the best of luck.

I had my MIPP interview this week, but I'll find out in either Dec or mid March if I am in.  I am hoping I find out in late Dec.  :) 

Edited by bness2002

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mliliu said:

I submitted my application for early notification! I am very anxious right now, hoping to get a decision from SAIS as soon as possible.

Hi Mliliu - Which program did you apply for ? I received an email from them late last week and they indicated the decision will be emailed on Dec 21. 

Anyone else on here applying early for SAIS Europe? I had my interview with them last week and felt good about it, but the next few weeks of waiting are going to be rough... Do all the early decisions come out on the same day or are they different for DC vs Bologna?

4 hours ago, somewhatslightlydazed said:

Anyone else on here applying early for SAIS Europe? I had my interview with them last week and felt good about it, but the next few weeks of waiting are going to be rough... Do all the early decisions come out on the same day or are they different for DC vs Bologna?

I believe notifications are being released for all of early round applications on Dec 21.

https://www.sais-jhu.edu/content/admissions#important-dates

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 1:13 PM, bness2002 said:

Hi Mliliu - Which program did you apply for ? I received an email from them late last week and they indicated the decision will be emailed on Dec 21. 

Hi. I am applying for MA in DC. Yes, I got that email too. Have you applied for early notification?  

On 12/13/2018 at 2:25 AM, mliliu said:

Hi. I am applying for MA in DC. Yes, I got that email too. Have you applied for early notification?  

Yes - I applied for the MIPP program  in DC for the early notification round.

December 21 is almost here - Fingers crossed.  Do they send an email to you about letting know if you are in or not OR do you find out through the application portal?

On 12/19/2018 at 4:03 PM, bness2002 said:

December 21 is almost here - Fingers crossed.  Do they send an email to you about letting know if you are in or not OR do you find out through the application portal?

I think schools normally send out an email and, in the meantime, the application portal will be updated.