2019 Early Notification - SAIS

bness2002

2 hours ago, somewhatslightlydazed said:

Just got admitted to SAIS Europe! (DC decisions may be coming out later today) No word on funding yet - I'm hoping that'll come out later today but it might not be until March, not sure how that works with the Bologna campus...

Hi, congratulations! Did you receive an email? Were you also given a deadline by which you have to confirm your admit?

1 minute ago, Viraj said:

Hi, congratulations! Did you receive an email? Were you also given a deadline by which you have to confirm your admit?

Thanks! I got an email that instructed me to log into the application portal, then I could read the acceptance letter. It included an enrollment deadline of April 20.

7 minutes ago, somewhatslightlydazed said:

Thanks! I got an email that instructed me to log into the application portal, then I could read the acceptance letter. It included an enrollment deadline of April 20.

Congratulations again and thank for the information! Which program did you apply to? I have applied for MIPP at DC.

1 minute ago, Viraj said:

Congratulations again and thank for the information! Which program did you apply to? I have applied for MIPP at DC.

I applied to the MA program (first year in Bologna, second in DC). Notifications for the DC-based programs may not come out until the afternoon - I have a feeling the Europe decisions were posted earlier since it was already afternoon over there :) 

18 hours ago, Viraj said:

I got in too for the MIPP in DC !! :)

3 hours ago, Sarah2132 said:

I haven't heard anything from SAIS DC... no email, no portal updates. Is this cause for concern?? 

Did you apply by the early round ?

17 hours ago, Sarah2132 said:

Yes, I applied for the early round. I'm assuming this is a rejection..? 

I feel like they wouldn't just not email you though (they should have sent everyone either an acceptance or deferral by Friday). I would email or call the office and see if they can tell you what's going on - one possibility is that one of your supporting documents came in late so they put you in the regular notification pool, but it's worth checking in with them so they can explain what's happening.

On 12/22/2018 at 1:59 AM, PaoloC said:

Also got the acceptance for the MIPP in Bologna, with a 50% tuition cover! Deadline for acceptance April 20th. 

Very Nice and Congrats.  I got into the MIPP in DC with a fellowship as well!

Edited by bness2002

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, Viraj said:

Nice, congratulations! Could you please share some details about the fellowship? 

Thank you - I received a partial tuition scholarship.

Edited by bness2002

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone applied for the MAIA in Bologna and heard back from admissions yet (regarding funding as well)? I got my letter but was told that I would have to wait until March for financial aid decisions. 

Edited by Abm2413

7 hours ago, Abm2413 said:

Has anyone applied for the MAIA in Bologna and heard back from admissions yet (regarding funding as well)? I got my letter but was told that I would have to wait until March for financial aid decisions. 

Did you at least hear back on getting in or not?

• 2 months later...

Accidentally posted this in the 2018 thread since that was the most recent one that was active for some reason but it looks like decisions are out for the regular round. In but with no mention of funding. Didn’t get my initial concentration pick either but was allowed to go with anything else. I’m glad they didn’t place their open house on April 5th like almost every other program but April 10th is a fairly awkward day to have it as well for most people Good luck to everyone else 

Congrats to all who got in!! Does you guys know if anyone has been successful negotiating increased aid with SAIS? I got in EA with a 75% tuition scholarship but just got a full ride (tuition+stipend) from Princeton. I like SAIS's curriculum better than Princeton's (and really want to spend a year in Bologna, especially since I never did the Europe study abroad thing in undergrad) but can't justify the cost difference, so I'm hoping I can get them to increase my aid but idk how realistic that is...