University of St. Augustine?

Has anyone heard anything about the University of St. Augustine's new Speech Language Pathology program? or does anyone know how the program is going from students who enrolled this fall?

They just got accreditation in my state and are in candidacy status to be ASHA accredited. 

3 hours ago, rebeccank17 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the University of St. Augustine's new Speech Language Pathology program? or does anyone know how the program is going from students who enrolled this fall?

They just got accreditation in my state and are in candidacy status to be ASHA accredited. 

I just replied to you on my post, haha but I guess at the time I applied last spring they weren't accepting students from my state and a lady emailed me the other day that they were for Spring 2019, so I forward my application for then. Hopefully, I hear something soon.

21 hours ago, rebeccank17 said:

lol just saw it! I actually got an email today I got offered an interview for the Spring of 2019 in Austin. Are you in Florida? I am also.

I am! I actually just woke up to an interview as well! ?

1 hour ago, slptobe! said:

Does anyone know when they would be confirmed for the ASHA accreditation? I'm not sure if I should apply

I answered you in another thread talking more about the accreditation, I'm on the fence about applying as well because of it. ?The tuition is $55k which is not too bad but I'm considering just applying to other schools where I won't have to worry whether they'll get the accreditation or not. Hopefully someone in the program will write on here and give more insight. I'm sure the CAA doesn't give Candidacy status to programs they don't think will maintain it.

On 10/9/2018 at 2:37 PM, smarieSLP2b said:

I answered you in another thread talking more about the accreditation, I'm on the fence about applying as well because of it. ?The tuition is $55k which is not too bad but I'm considering just applying to other schools where I won't have to worry whether they'll get the accreditation or not. Hopefully someone in the program will write on here and give more insight. I'm sure the CAA doesn't give Candidacy status to programs they don't think will maintain it.

So I have been doing a lot of research on this and as long as the school is a candidate for accreditation or accredited it counts in terms of graduating and becoming ASHA certified etc. when you become an SLP.