What happens if your NSERC documents have a minor formatting error?

Elli_056

I feel so dumb. I was just looking over my NSERC stuff just for reassurance that I did a good job when I submitted it earlier this week, and ONE random line for some stupid reason had size 11 font instead of 12. Will this automatically disqualify me? I feel so so dumb right now. 

It depends on who is reading it and how much they care, but in general, no, your application won't be rejected automatically for something like that. If you apply directly to your institution, they can also catch some of your errors to make sure they're fixed when you progress to the national level. But if it's not very obvious, changes are it might slip by reviewer's eyes. That's what happened to my application last year, I only noticed a formatting size mismatch when I used that formatting for this year's application, but no one seemed to catch that earlier.

1 hour ago, spin_ice said:

It depends on who is reading it and how much they care, but in general, no, your application won't be rejected automatically for something like that. If you apply directly to your institution, they can also catch some of your errors to make sure they're fixed when you progress to the national level. But if it's not very obvious, changes are it might slip by reviewer's eyes. That's what happened to my application last year, I only noticed a formatting size mismatch when I used that formatting for this year's application, but no one seemed to catch that earlier.

Thank god. I felt so stupid. i don't even think it's noticeable peresonally because myself, a post-doc, my supervisor and our faculty research supervisor didn't notice it when they all read it over for me. I put so much effort in that I was panicking if they just auto disqualified me.