CSUN distance

36 minutes ago, JennWilhelm said:

So do. It was hard keeping it short. I tend to give long explainations! How about you, how did your video go? 

It took sooo many takes for me to get one I was okay with. I didn’t think it’d be that difficult. I ended up just doing two different takes of the questions and merged them together. Hopefully they just want to see our personalities and won’t critique them too hard. If you want to trade links let me know! I’d love to see someone else’s! 

33 minutes ago, JennWilhelm said:

I just watched it again. What a rambling mess! I kept pausing randomly. Ugh. 

I think you did fine! Yes, there were fillers but that’s totally expected. You had great answers and you sound confident. I’m going to send you the link for mine. 

21 minutes ago, ChaiTeaSLP said:

Yes! Email and this site! Friday can you please get here?! How do you feel about your video? What are your stats?

A friend who started in cohort 19 said they were notified 2 days after the questionnaire was due!!  My first video was decent, besides me saying “um” a few more times than I’d like. It ended up being  4 1/2 minutes so i told her i would redo it. My second... not as great. I had minimal time to complete it Friday morning before i drove up to South Carolina. Stats as in gpa? 3.56 and my MAT was average i forget the percent. I was pretty average across the board. WBu?

26 minutes ago, Vannessa munoz said:

A friend who started in cohort 19 said they were notified 2 days after the questionnaire was due!!  My first video was decent, besides me saying “um” a few more times than I’d like. It ended up being  4 1/2 minutes so i told her i would redo it. My second... not as great. I had minimal time to complete it Friday morning before i drove up to South Carolina. Stats as in gpa? 3.56 and my MAT was average i forget the percent. I was pretty average across the board. WBu?

Two days?! Maybe I’m wrong about Friday. My friend is in cohort 18 and told me she heard one week later, but obviously you have more recent info. Hopefully tomorrow is the day!

I’m really, really average. Maybe even below average? My gpa is 3.45 and my MAT was 385. I think what saves  me was I had a ton of experience. I taught elementary school for a few years and I’m now an SLPA. I’ve also been to a ton of speech pathology conferences with my district SLPs. I also had shadowing hours. 

30 minutes ago, Vannessa munoz said:

You should be fine! My MAT was a little bit under that. I worked as an SLPA and now I am a bachelor level SLP, BUT I got this job after i submitted my application and I was unable to update my information. ahhhhhh the waiting game....

Seriously. It’s killer. I’m hoping tomorrow now that you said it was only two days for your friend. My friend in cohort 18 said pretty much everyone that got the survey was admitted. Was it the same for your friend? 

4 minutes ago, ChaiTeaSLP said:

Seriously. It’s killer. I’m hoping tomorrow now that you said it was only two days for your friend. My friend in cohort 18 said pretty much everyone that got the survey was admitted. Was it the same for your friend? 

They had to submit everything on a Wednesday, and by Friday they were notified. Since we submitted right before the weekend i thought it would only take Monday for them to review. Hopefully they made decisions today and will let us know tomorrow.

She said everyone she knew that got the survey was admitted (if they did it on time) I still am nervous though..

18 minutes ago, Vannessa munoz said:

They had to submit everything on a Wednesday, and by Friday they were notified. Since we submitted right before the weekend i thought it would only take Monday for them to review. Hopefully they made decisions today and will let us know tomorrow.

She said everyone she knew that got the survey was admitted (if they did it on time) I still am nervous though..

Okay so here’s my thoughts. Since we had to submit on a Friday I don’t think they would review over the weekend. They would start on Monday. If they’re following the same time schedule as last year MAYBE we will be notified tomorrow. Sound reasonable?

I think things look good for us, because they wouldn’t want to waste their time if they weren’t serious about us as candidates but like you I’m still really nervous.