CSUN distance

3 minutes ago, Vannessa munoz said:

Did you apply to any other grad programs?? I only applied here!

Just Tennessee State,  but I got rejected ? I honestly didn’t have the time or money to apply to a bunch of programs. So now I’m superrr anxious to hear back. Like you, all my eggs are in this basket now. I’m just hoping and praying that email we got was a good sign. 

1 minute ago, JennWilhelm said:

If they don't get to us on Friday, in going to email Sherry. It's late October already! Lol. In my book the 16th was"late" October... I might be a bit impatient.

Sounds good! We were told mid to late October. Some of us might possibly have to decide between schools. They should be considerate. 

7 minutes ago, speechietobe1 said:

Congrats everyone! Would you guys mind sharing your stats? I'm applying next round and I am already incredibly nervous 

Average-

3.56 GPA

366 MAT ( not great - 400 is average, they ask for a 430 on their website)

3 LOR one educational, one semi-educational + personal, the other from a supervisor

I did have experience as an SLPA.

Good luck!!

21 minutes ago, speechietobe1 said:

Congrats everyone! Would you guys mind sharing your stats? I'm applying next round and I am already incredibly nervous 

I’m average too. 

3.45 gpa

California resident, graduated from another CSU

385 MAT

I did 4 LOR, mostly because I was so average. 1 from my direct supervisor (director of special ed at my school district), 1 from my vice principal at the school I’m placed at, 1 from a professor at my undergrad who is also department chair, and 1 from a professor where I did my prerequisites. 

Currently a SLPA, previously an elementary teacher. 

I also received my acceptance today! And happy cried :) 

For those of you applying next year, I feel that CSUN looks at the overall picture. My undergrad gpa is 3.45 and my postgrad gpa is 4.0 My GRE: 153 verbal, 153 quant, 4.0 writing && Experience: 5+ years as an SLPA. Letters were from two supervisors (SLPs) and two professors