Most selective IR program

CatsCradle

12 hours ago, CatsCradle said:

Hi I was curious which of the following is the most and least selective in order: hks, sais,sipa, msfs, wws, fletcher. I understand that all the schools are absolutely fantastic, however, was curious which ones are known to be harder to get into

Hi there - In my personal opinion, I would go with the following.

Tie for First - WWS (Big Endowment), HKS (Big Endowment Here too), MSFS

4. SAIS

5. SIPA

6. Fletcher 

Edited by bness2002

WWS is most selective because it funds everyone, so it has to keep the class very small. HKS is a bit more selective than the other ones because it's Harvard, but their MPP class is huge (I think the MPAID is more selective than the MPP but that's the natural result of the mathy prereqs). Then it's all the other ones. 

The real competition is for funding, not admission.

On 11/5/2018 at 4:12 AM, ExponentialDecay said:

WWS is most selective because it funds everyone, so it has to keep the class very small. HKS is a bit more selective than the other ones because it's Harvard, but their MPP class is huge (I think the MPAID is more selective than the MPP but that's the natural result of the mathy prereqs). Then it's all the other ones. 

Hey.. would you be able to share some of the differences b/w MPA, MPA-ID and MPP in HKS

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2018 at 6:42 AM, ExponentialDecay said:

On 11/4/2018 at 8:57 PM, bness2002 said:

Hi there - In my personal opinion, I would go with the following.

Tie for First - WWS (Big Endowment), HKS (Big Endowment Here too), MSFS

4. SAIS

5. SIPA

6. Fletcher 

Where do Yale Jackson and Stanford IPS fit into this picture?