MSW Nerves and Fears

Worldring199

Hi, I am applying to MSW programs for Fall 2019. I am super nervous and it seems that I am not the only one around here that is. I am applying to Washington, Utah, USC, UCLA, Ohio State, and Michigan. I will probably be submitting my first apps to Utah and USC within the next week. I am getting some things finalized with my letters. Anyway, I probably have nothing to fear. But it is nerve wracking, Utah is my top choice and it seems like that isn't a school people are talking about on here. 

Here are my credentials 

I am a research assistant for a lab at my university. 

I have presented a poster for the lab and was the first author on it.

My cumulative is a 3.42 GPA

I have been a TA in the past for an intro to Psychology Course. 

I have an internship right now that is within the field of social work.

I have taken the GRE and while most programs do not care about it, my scores for Quant and Verbal were below the 50th Percentile, my writing was a 5 and at the 92nd. 

I have also volunteered at numerous places, some important ones to me were my time with the Boys and Girls Club and being a crisis counselor for the Crisis Text Line. 

Sorry, I guess I am just nervous and it is scary putting all of this out there for people to see. I wish everyone the best during this busy time. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2018 at 12:25 PM, Worldring199 said:

Hi, I am applying to MSW programs for Fall 2019. I am super nervous and it seems that I am not the only one around here that is. I am applying to Washington, Utah, USC, UCLA, Ohio State, and Michigan. I will probably be submitting my first apps to Utah and USC within the next week. I am getting some things finalized with my letters. Anyway, I probably have nothing to fear. But it is nerve wracking, Utah is my top choice and it seems like that isn't a school people are talking about on here. 

Here are my credentials 

I am a research assistant for a lab at my university. 

I have presented a poster for the lab and was the first author on it.

My cumulative is a 3.42 GPA

I have been a TA in the past for an intro to Psychology Course. 

I have an internship right now that is within the field of social work.

I have taken the GRE and while most programs do not care about it, my scores for Quant and Verbal were below the 50th Percentile, my writing was a 5 and at the 92nd. 

I have also volunteered at numerous places, some important ones to me were my time with the Boys and Girls Club and being a crisis counselor for the Crisis Text Line. 

Sorry, I guess I am just nervous and it is scary putting all of this out there for people to see. I wish everyone the best during this busy time. 

Hello! I'm also applying to USC, I submitted my application by the priority deadline, have you heard anything back yet? I keep stressing out about it since it's been almost two months since they confirmed receiving my materials and people last year heard back as early as December >_>

Hey, just wanted to say good luck as you begin working on your applications—it definitely is scary to put your achievements on paper and hope the admissions committee is able to see all that you have to offer, but the effort is so worth it. And just think, in a few months time, you’ll be accepted into a program that’s the best fit for your interests!

I don’t know anything about the Utah program but hopefully there are others on this forum who can speak more on that.