Which score should I send for application?

Dear all,

I've finally got my IELTS score, with a 7.5 overall, 8.5 in reading and listening, 7 in speaking, and 6 in writing (awkward!).

Meanwhile, I also hold a TOEFL score of 110 (R30, L29, S23, W28).

I have no idea why the speaking and writing parts differ pretty much for the other, maybe due to my limited preparation time (2.5 weeks for TOEFL, 1.5 weeks for IELTS). 

Therefore the question naturally arises: which score should I send to U.S/Canada graduate schools? Or should I send both so each one may explain for the other?

Besides, sending scores from IELTS is rapid and FREE, while TOEFL is slow and relatively EXPENSIVE..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Using the conversion table provided by ETS (https://www.ets.org/toefl/institutions/scores/compare/), I would say that both scores are pretty similar, with the exception of that 6 on the writing section of the IELTS.

I agree that TOEFL scores are rather expensive but since your program is on Language and Literature, according to your signature, I would send the TOEFL scores if the additional money would not be a burden on your wallet.