Please Vote! Advice on sending GRE scores

SunnySet

Advice on sending GRE scores  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• Send the first score: V: 83th percentile, Q: 80th percentile, AWA: 59th percentile
    • Send the second score: V: 86th percentile, Q: 72th percentile, AWA: 92th percentile
    • Send both
    • Send the second time score and then mention my first Quant score in my statement of intent (maybe upload the unofficial report somewhere)
    • It doesn't matter....

Hello, Guys, I'm new to Gradcafe. This looks like a great place to get answers and support :) This is my first time applying to PhD Clinical psychology in Canada.

My undergraduate GPA: 3.8 out of 4.3;

Master GPA: 4.2 out 4.3.

I recently took two GRE tests.

In the first one: Verbal: 83th percentile, Quant: 80th, AWA: 69th,

In my second one: V: 86th, Quant: 72th, AWA: 92th.

Average scores of schools I'm interested:   V: 77th, Q: 69th, and AWA: 78th.

Ps. I got an A+ for all my upper and graduate level stat courses

I'm now not sure which score I should send to schools. So, could you guys vote which option you think it's the best solution? Thank you!  

Edited by SunnySet

My reasoning is that if you send both, admission committees will be more impressed by your general improved change scores — in a way, it shows that you’re willing to work on weak points and improve

Edited by JoePianist

Given the information you provided, I would suggest the second unless the school indicated that they will take the highest from each section (then send both). I don't think there is much difference between 72% and 80%. But you really made great improvement on AW the second time.