Narrowing Down Schools

How did you narrow down your schools. I went through ASHA, but there is still more schools than I can afford to apply to. I have lower stats so it got rid of some schools GPA 3.41 Major GPA 3.5, GRE 149 verbal, 144 quant, 3.5 writing (Hopefully they will be better on the 10th) any suggestions on figuring out where to apply to my letter writers want school names, but im still stuck. Thank you!

Hi! 

What really helped me was looking at the locations more closely. If some schools are close enough that you can visit, definitely do that! Search the cities on grad cafe to see what others are saying about them. I found that in the end, I couldn't picture myself living in some of the cities the programs were in and I took them off of my list. 

I applied to over ten schools, as I had a low gpa. I recommend if you’re nervous about acceptance and want to widen your possibilities, definitely apply to more, but only schools/areas you could see yourself at. Any school will get you the degree, but you have to like the school and the area you’ll be in for 2 years.

I definitely agree with @Swishfish22. I had a "lower" gpa myself and therefore wanted to apply to a wide variety of programs and more of them then others as a safety net. It worked for me! Look on ASHA edfind and find schools that fit your statistics and look for schools with less applicants applying to them. That means less competition for you! Good luck!