Do I add online articles to application

Velocity_Distance

I am applying to Computer Science master's programs and I have published a couple of short articles on medium. Is that something that should be added under publications (I don't think so, since its not an official publication) or maybe I just add a link to my profile in my resume or something? Any thoughts?

Publications generally refer to books or single/double-blind peer reviewed articles. I would advise against adding this under "additional documents" because there is no review process on Medium. Essentially, Medium is just a platform which allows any registered user to post a blog.

9 hours ago, yash13177 said:

Hi @Velocity_Distance,

Unfortunately this is likely not what they consider as publications. However, you can always provide the articles as additional documents to your application. Many universities allow students to upload "additional documents".

@yash13177 Thanks. Should I attach all the articles or do you think a link to my medium profile would work? Or should I choose my best article and attach that.

21 hours ago, Velocity_Distance said:

@yash13177 Thanks. Should I attach all the articles or do you think a link to my medium profile would work? Or should I choose my best article and attach that.

Hi! I think it depends on the amount of articles you have published. If there's more than 2 or 3 I suggest you pick your best one. Ultimately, a computer science master program likely won't base their decision on this (unless there are some red flags in the articles) - I think you are meaning more to diversify your application.