Texas State & Texas Womans

• 5 months later...

I got accepted to both schools. GPA: 3.64, my only real-world experience was an internship at a hospital therapy clinic. In undergrad I was active in New Student Orientation & student wellness. I honestly think my personal statement made the difference, and be sure to have good letters of recommendation.

Edit: Doy, I just realized what sub this was in. My bad, but I hope this still helps?

Edited by londonrain9

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, Slpabbie25 said:

Do you mind sharing your GRE scores? I am looking to apply to both programs for SLP. 

I think the poster above applied for the master of social work program... but any-who I got rejected from both with a 3.89 gpa. My GRE scores were writing-4 quant-149 verbal 152. I’ve heard TWU is really big on experience, volunteering, and leadership, which I didn’t have a lot of so I wasn’t too surprised. I’ve also heard that Texas State prefers their undergrad students over those from other universities. 

Edited by Ccceeewww97