LATE APPLICATION (I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE)

yash13177

All,

Well I have officially joined the ranks of the students who missed a deadline. I honestly cannot believe it and I don't have any excuse (family emergency etc). I simply mixed up two application dates and now the application date for Stanford University has passed.

I submitted my application, including a cover letter with an apology. I'll also call the admissions program as soon as they open.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this? Does anyone have any knowledge about how Stanford University handles late applications? To be honest I think I'm doomed and I am aware that likely there is nothing I can do to get my application reviewed.

Yowch. Rough week.

12 hours ago, yash13177 said:

All,

Well I have officially joined the ranks of the students who missed a deadline. I honestly cannot believe it and I don't have any excuse (family emergency etc). I simply mixed up two application dates and now the application date for Stanford University has passed.

I submitted my application, including a cover letter with an apology. I'll also call the admissions program as soon as they open.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this? Does anyone have any knowledge about how Stanford University handles late applications? To be honest I think I'm doomed and I am aware that likely there is nothing I can do to get my application reviewed.

Yowch. Rough week.

I think you've done all you can. If the portal still accepted your application you might have squeezed in within the window. Otherwise; a lesson to learn from (probably a really painful one), but let's hope for the best, prepare for the worst :)

18 hours ago, loffire said:

I think you've done all you can. If the portal still accepted your application you might have squeezed in within the window. Otherwise; a lesson to learn from (probably a really painful one), but let's hope for the best, prepare for the worst :)

Hahahaha I totally agree! So a lesson is definitely learned. I ended up emailing the program and they said my application would be considered. Looks like I wracked up enough karma to cover my butt this time... definitely NOT repeating this.