Fall 2019 application cycle, Chemical Engineering

oppenheimer

Hello everyone,

Figured I would make an account to continue in the time-honored tradition of collective freak-outs in the month leading up to graduate admissions. Do you know of any school that has already sent out admission results to PhD applicants in chemical engineering for the fall 2019 season? If you've gained admission to a specific school, would you mind sharing your profile (GPA, GRE, TOEFL if you're an international, research experience, and so on)?

Thank you and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Edited by oppenheimer

I personally know of one student admitted to MIT for chemE at the end of last week. They always do a few admits in December but the bulk tend to be in January. According to the surveys on this site, Purdue also has an admit already. Should be a few more this week but mid-January is when most of them tend to go down.

• 3 weeks later...

Delaware has two visit weekends: February 7-9 and March 21-23. They're asking admitted students to RSVP for one or the other. The RSVP deadline for the February weekend is January 20th, so a big chunk of the offers will probably be out by then. I wouldn't count yourself out until February 18th though. That's the RSVP deadline to attend the March visit weekend. I'm guessing it isn't super common for programs to send out offers after their visit weekends, but I think it's possible they might send out one or two.

Columbia's visit weekend is March 28-30 and they're asking students to RSVP by February 18th, so that's when I would expect most offers to come out by.

If anyone else is willing to share details on programs they've been admitted to, that'd be great. I'm still waiting to hear back from five other chemical engineering programs. I'll share a profile once I hear back from most of them or decide where I want to enroll. Delaware is one of my top choices, but I'd like to hear back from a couple more before I commit. I'm a US Citizen by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 1:26 AM, Victorious Secret said:

I personally know of one student admitted to MIT for chemE at the end of last week. They always do a few admits in December but the bulk tend to be in January. According to the surveys on this site, Purdue also has an admit already. Should be a few more this week but mid-January is when most of them tend to go down.

Have you heard back from MIT?