Thoughts on sending in updates post application submission?

How do schools view updates post the application submission? I recently booked a pretty major speaking engagement that allows me the platform to speak on a topic related to my policy area of interest. Would this be worthwhile to send in as part of my app? If so, do I just send an email saying this? Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

@bigdreamer2018 Apologies for going off-topic here, but I have a question of my own for you. I find myself in a similar position to you in that I have had the opportunity to be interviewed by news media in my country on a couple occasions. Most recently I was on a cable news network talk show speaking about my policy area of interest and related topics. 

How do I best highlight these media appearances in my application? In my resume? Do you think admissions committees will see value in me highlighting the fact that I was interviewed by newspapers and cable TV on my opinions on policy?

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, hammyc said:

@bigdreamer2018 Apologies for going off-topic here, but I have a question of my own for you. I find myself in a similar position to you in that I have had the opportunity to be interviewed by news media in my country on a couple occasions. Most recently I was on a cable news network talk show speaking about my policy area of interest and related topics. 

How do I best highlight these media appearances in my application? In my resume? Do you think admissions committees will see value in me highlighting the fact that I was interviewed by newspapers and cable TV on my opinions on policy?

Have you been interviewed several times over the last 6 months or so ?  I would add a section in your resume called public policy advisor / contributor (work experience area) and then list the times or examples of public policy you talked about on TV or on the news.  I would then mention some of the experiences in your personal statement.