KAUST Spring 2019 Admissions

pixie_

Greetings dear friends !

I am creating this topic for those who applied to KAUST for Spring 2019 and are still waiting for the admissions results. We can also share information about the admission process for those who are interested in applying to the university.

Have you guys heard anything so far from KAUST ? I had a personal interview (face-to-face interview with two members of the administration) approx. three weeks ago and still got no feedback from KAUST. I guess there is less activity during this end-of-the-year period which could explain why there is no update yet.

I wish everyone all the best :)

On 1/5/2019 at 8:28 AM, Alex_Sala said:

Greetings pixie!

I applied for fall 2019, had one academic interview on november and still no response since then. I hope you get a response soon!

Best of luck!

Alex

me too. when did you get the admission office interview (second interview)? was it on nov or dec?

11 hours ago, shrek12 said:

me too. when did you get the admission office interview (second interview)? was it on nov or dec?

I didn't get a second interview, I already have a prospective professor on KAUST, though, and they contacted her on December 3rd to ask some things about me (one month after the academic interview).

I think you should have your final decision very soon, since Spring semester starts around Jan 26

Thanks everyone for sharing. As for me still no update from KAUST so far. My understanding is you all applied for Fall so you still have some time.

14 hours ago, Eshemomoh said:

Guys I just submitted my application for fall 2019. I applied for masters in Chemical engineering. Any idea how I should prepare for the interviews? 

As I applied for PhD I am not very familiar with the admission process for Masters. What I can tell you is that the administrative interview will mostly focus on yourself and your character in order for them to understand if you would be a good fit in KAUST particular environment. So not much to prepare just be yourself :)

4 minutes ago, pixie_ said:

Thanks everyone for sharing. As for me still no update from KAUST so far. My understanding is you all applied for Fall so you still have some time.

As I applied for PhD I am not very familiar with the admission process for Masters. What I can tell you is that the administrative interview will mostly focus on yourself and your character in order for them to understand if you would be a good fit in KAUST particular environment. So not much to prepare just be yourself :)

Okay then. I'll be waiting for them. thanks a lot. 

3 minutes ago, shrek12 said:

I have got an acceptance email yesterday with fellowship (MS/PhD Electrical). I had in-person interview with POI on Sep, academic interview on Nov, and admissions interview on Dec. I hope you guys will hear the good news too ASAP!

Wow. Congratulations. What's your profile like? 

43 minutes ago, Eshemomoh said:

Wow. Congratulations. What's your profile like? 

BE from non-American uni (well recognized in the field), good GPA (3.86), great LoRs (all of them I had worked with), 2 years solid research experience under great profs, 6 conferences (3 of them are prestigious events) and 1 journal under review. 

From the email, they said that I am among a few students who got in earlier. So, we can expect more acceptance emails soon. All the best!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I need some advice.

I have applied for Ms/PhD program and indicated three potential advisors, as requested in the application. However, recently I learnt that those professors are not taking any students in the nearest future. Does it imply that my application is rejected? Or there is a possibility that my application can be reviewed by other faculty, also?

On 1/29/2019 at 2:23 AM, Izakawa said:

Hi guys, I need some advice.

I have applied for Ms/PhD program and indicated three potential advisors, as requested in the application. However, recently I learnt that those professors are not taking any students in the nearest future. Does it imply that my application is rejected? Or there is a possibility that my application can be reviewed by other faculty, also?

Hi, Izakawa!

I don´t think your application will be rejected based on that. However, for what I have read from previous years applicants, you may have to go through one (or two) extra interview(s) so they can find a suitable advisor for you.

Best of luck!

Hello everyone

i have applied for Fall Admission 2019 for MS/PhD program on Material Science and Engineering on 30 November, i have not received any reply from them about my admission, Can anyone tell me till when can i expect a reply from them?

On 2/3/2019 at 12:56 AM, jk786 said:

Hello everyone

i have applied for Fall Admission 2019 for MS/PhD program on Material Science and Engineering on 30 November, i have not received any reply from them about my admission, Can anyone tell me till when can i expect a reply from them?

Hi jk786, you are part of the second round, right? From what I have read and my own experience I think you should hear from them by the end of February or mid-March. I would avoid sending emails asking about your application status, since they will likely only respond that it is still under review, also, some guys think they are testing our patience.

Best of luck!

On 2/4/2019 at 2:15 PM, Eshemomoh said:

Guys, how did you contact the faculty members. I've been sending emails to prospective faculty in chemical engineering since last year, they never responded. 

Hi Eshemomoh.

That depends on the faculty members you contacted and the mail you sent. I know of researchers from other universities that don't even respond to prospective students' mails if they see a very "common" email. If you include comments about their papers, what would you like to work in with them in a very specific way and so on they will be more likely to answer.

All of that said, even if none of them writes you back they will be considered when you are interviewed so you should not worry about them not responding.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

I applied for fall september in March. The admisdion sent a mail in 23rd, April. In mail, they made a decision for admission to KAUST and I have to check my application account for the decision. But I did not see nothing. It is just a application form, I submitted. Have everyone faced that kind of situation?

• 1 month later...