Hello,

I have applied to the following programs for PhD

1. UC Berkeley (MSE)
  2. Carnegie Mellon University (BME)
  3. Iowa State University (MSE)
  4. University of Delaware (MSE)
  5. Drexel University (BME)
  6. University of Central Florida (MSE)
  7. University of Massachusetts - Amherst (ChE)

What do you think about my chances in these schools? Should I apply to few more schools?

Here is my brief profile

• B.Sc. in Materials and Metallurgical Engineering (3.61/4.0, Bangladesh Uni. of Eng. and Tech.)
  • GRE: 315 (Quant 165, Verbal 150, AWA 3.5)
  • IELTS: 8 (Reading 9, Listening 7.5, Speaking 7.5, Writing 7)
  • Research Experience: Working as a RA from December 2017
  • Publications: 1 published (Materials Research Express, IOP), 1 submitted 
Edited by zomhud

18 hours ago, zomhud said:

What do you think about my chances in these schools? Should I apply to few more schools?

Hi there! I think the amount of schools you have is good and you definitely have a chance of getting in. You have a great GPA, good GRE scores, and some research experience with a publication. If you feel like it, maybe apply to one or two more schools, but seven is good and I think giving yourself a break from applying is always good too.

Also, I am also applying to the University of Delaware for MSE!

Yeah, I am also eagerly waiting to take a break from the application process, it's very tiring. I am actually looking for at least 1 more school, but most of the deadlines are over and I am not not sure which one I should among the rest of the schools. Totally confused. Can you help me with some specific schools?

Good to hear about Delaware! Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey zomhud!

I'm currently a senior at Drexel in ECE. From what I've gathered, the school pushes you hard in terms of TA'ing and RA'ing and the stipends are not all too great. That being said, a degree from Drexel in any branch of engineering at any level will get you a job nearly anywhere here in Philly. You definitely seem qualified. Hell, I'd say that you're more qualified than some people already in the program that I know. I can't speak for the other schools, but I would be very shocked if Drexel turned you down.

I hope that this helps!