Michigan State BMS Presentation??

I got invited to Michigan State's BMS interview weekend from the 10-12th of January and I'm looking forward to it, but they ask each interviewee to do an 8 minute presentation in front of current BMS faculty, grad students, and current applicants. Anyone have any tips for this? I already made my presentation and sent it in, but I just wanted to see if anyone had an idea of what the presentation is going to be like. Thanks!

Edited by Hersheythepup

I'll be going too so I'd love tips as well. I found an old thread where they discussed it, which you've probably already found, but I didn't see any tips there other than not to go over 8 minutes.

I'm curious about talking about research interests vs. the specific research I'm presenting. It's hard enough to present research in 8 minutes, so I didn't include a slide on my research interests, and thought I'd just briefly mention them. Just hoping that's OK...

Yeah I just put one slide at the end talking about a few different research interests in there. Do you think it'd be okay if I emailed them a new version of my ppt though? I'm just deleting two of my slides to save a little time but since they asked for the ppt so long ago I'm not sure. Do you think it'd be better to just click through those slides quickly and hope no one notices?

Yeah I think it's probably not too late to email them a new version, or ask if you can. But I think just clicking through the slides quickly would be fine too if you'd rather do that. I think I'd probably just click through the slides myself, but I'm not really sure which would be better.