Civil&Environmental Engineering Fall 2019 Applicants

EricWang98

On 1/5/2019 at 8:31 AM, Veverive said:

Applying to a bunch of programs with environmental engineering focus: Yale, Duke, UT Austin, UW and CMU. Haven't heard anything from anyone yet, but will update if anyone replies. Which school gave you the interview? 

Did anyone got any replies/updates/interviews for EE focus? 

Hi I also applied for environmental engineering in UW. Have you heard of any updates yet? So far the environmental engineering programs I applied are all radio silence.....

17 minutes ago, jimbobcooter said:

If by UW you mean University of Washington, their visit day was Feb 8th and CU Boulder's was Feb 15th. Still waiting on Berkeley and UCLA.

Yes I was referring to University of Washington...I didn't get the invitation to their visit day so I'm guessing probably rejection coming later....I'm waiting on UCLA too! Fingers crossed for us all. 

On 2/8/2019 at 4:18 AM, smalltownwater said:

Anybody have updates??? I'm still waiting to hear from the University of Wisconsin Madison...

Recently got more acceptances and some mention funding which makes me realize I really don't understand much about funding packages lol.

Nothing from Wisconsin Madison. They have been always notoriously late in their decisions as I gather from the results section here

8 hours ago, ChenJin said:

Does anyone hear any news from CEE Berkeley?

Did you apply for MS or PhD? I applied for MS but haven't heard anything yet. I called them last week and they said they were planning to send results in late Feb or March.

Has anyone received official acceptance letter from Purdue? I received an email invitation to Open House from Jennifer Ricksy (Program Coordinator) 10 hours go, but I did not even receive an informal notice from the department or something like that. I don't even know if they admit me as PhD student or MS student, not to mention that I obviously know nothing about funding. The whole application experience at Purdue CEE is a mess, the coordinator was nice over the phone but she never really explained away your confusion. Does anyone have the same situation?

:( I'm probably not gonna accept the offer, since obviously the Purdue CEE department really lacks funding (just like Gtech lol). They told me over the phone that only about 35 percent PhD student receive funding in their first year, and overall only roughly 65 percent PhD students are funded. It's so hard to believe that such a large percentage of PhD students in Purdue paid for thier whole education throughout the PhD program.

Edited by EricWang98

6 hours ago, CivilGuy said:

Guys, any update on UCLA? I cannot even reach out to them to ask when they will be releasing the decisions.

I just received their invitation to open house like a few minutes ago, the open house is on March 8th and should RSVP by Feb.28th, so I'm guessing there might be an email coming to you very soon in the next few days. Best of luck to you!

On 2/18/2019 at 11:13 PM, jimbobcooter said:

Northwestern's Visit Day for Civil was on Feb 8th.

I know. But that was only for US-based (both American citizens and international students currently based in US, and Canada) students. Admission results for international students (who are currently outside the US ) generally come out a few weeks after the open house.