Civil&Environmental Engineering Fall 2019 Applicants

EricWang98

On 2/22/2019 at 4:17 AM, Impastpatientlywaiting said:

I just received their invitation to open house like a few minutes ago, the open house is on March 8th and should RSVP by Feb.28th, so I'm guessing there might be an email coming to you very soon in the next few days. Best of luck to you!

So, I'm following the civil engineering track at UCLA and haven't heard anything yet. Are there other people who have heard from UCLA?

4 hours ago, CivilGuy said:

So, I'm following the civil engineering track at UCLA and haven't heard anything yet. Are there other people who have heard from UCLA?

I received an email on Feb. 21 about being recommended for admission & it was also an invitation for the open house on March 8. It seems to be an unofficial acceptance letter. 

I applied to UCSD, UCB and UCLA for an M.S. in structural engineering (or civil with an emphasis in structures). 

So far

UCB: nothing

UCLA: recommendation for admittance on Feb 21

UCSD: accepted on Feb. 12

Any news from those of you that applied here too? 

22 hours ago, manilakid said:

I applied to UCSD, UCB and UCLA for an M.S. in structural engineering (or civil with an emphasis in structures). 

So far

UCB: nothing

UCLA: recommendation for admittance on Feb 21

UCSD: accepted on Feb. 12

Any news from those of you that applied here too? 

Just an update, I received a recommendation for admittance to UCB today - an official letter will be sent by the dean within two weeks. Best of luck to all of you! 

7 minutes ago, PartyEngineer said:

Saw someone posted they got into Duke on the results page. Does anyone know if they are still admitting students or when is their visit day? That’s one of my top schools and still waiting, probably for rejection :( 

Hey. I am waiting for Duke too. Till now haven't heard back from them. Whom did you choose as POI?

On 3/3/2019 at 10:47 AM, cbpham said:

Anyone hear anything back from UCB, Purdue, Washington, or OU for MS in Structures? I've gotten acceptances from TAMU and UH and a rejection notice from UT.

I was accepted to UCB for MS in structures on Feb 28 - they sent me a letter of recommendation the day prior to the official acceptance. 

On 3/4/2019 at 11:32 PM, manilakid said:

I was accepted to UCB for MS in structures on Feb 28 - they sent me a letter of recommendation the day prior to the official acceptance. 

I just received a letter of recommendation for admitted today! I wasn't expecting that after hearing you've gotten it over a week beforehand. This is crazy.. I didn't expect to get in.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, curiositykilledthecat00 said:

Hi! Has anyone who has applied to the MS in Environmental Engineering at UC Berkeley heard back yet? 

I just heard back today with unofficial admit letter and some funding info. Hope you’ll be at the visit day too!

1 hour ago, cbpham said:

There's the open house for admitted applicants on 4/1!

There's still hope (for me), haha. I didn't apply to structures/environmental though.

Edited by rako

4 hours ago, smalltownwater said:

People attending the Berkeley Open House: Were you all sent a direct invitation to the open house?

The invitation to Visiting Day was given in the unofficial admission email.

@EricWang98 Funny timing, I just got an official email about it this evening. Are y'all just shelling money out of pocket for this or receiving some support? My POI told me support may be available but that was a couple of weeks ago...

On 3/6/2019 at 11:26 AM, cbpham said:

I just received a letter of recommendation for admitted today! I wasn't expecting that after hearing you've gotten it over a week beforehand. This is crazy.. I didn't expect to get in.

Me neither I just applied to try it out, congrats!! Unfortunately, I can't make it to the open house, but I'm more likely to commit to Berkeley since I'm from the bay :)

On 3/10/2019 at 3:47 PM, manilakid said:

Me neither I just applied to try it out, congrats!! Unfortunately, I can't make it to the open house, but I'm more likely to commit to Berkeley since I'm from the bay :)

Berkeley is going to be pricey since I'm from another state.. that's awesome for you though!