NYU Sackler

Manilo

10 hours ago, Manilo said:

Is someone interviewing this Thursday? Have you received your itinerary already?

Yes, just received the interview itinerary/schedule from them earlier. Do you mean that or do you mean the travel itinerary? I received my travel itinerary in December shortly after completing the form confirming the interview.

1 minute ago, heavy_chain said:

How was the interview experience?

they will send an interview itinerary today. You will have a full day of interview with a couple of opportunities to interact with students, postdocs and professors. Please, do not put additional pressure on yourself. Conversations during the interview were pretty relaxed, as long as you know what you did on your research experiences and as long as you know why you want to pursue a career on science.

Be yourself and let your thoughts flow.

Best of luck

5 minutes ago, Manilo said:

they will send an interview itinerary today. You will have a full day of interview with a couple of opportunities to interact with students, postdocs and professors. Please, do not put additional pressure on yourself. Conversations during the interview were pretty relaxed, as long as you know what you did on your research experiences and as long as you know why you want to pursue a career on science.

Be yourself and let your thoughts flow.

Best of luck

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoyed the experience. Good luck with this cycle and take care!

On 1/15/2019 at 1:34 PM, heavy_chain said:

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoyed the experience. Good luck with this cycle and take care!

HEY!!! What did they tell you guys about notifying the admitted students?

On 1/18/2019 at 8:03 PM, Manilo said:

HEY!!! What did they tell you guys about notifying the admitted students?

They said that you can expect to hear back as early as Feb and as late as March. I'm not sure how this varies across the different disciplines. This interview round was for Epi, Biostats, Bio-Imaging, and Comp Bio / Biomedical informatics. 

Need your advice.

I applied for NYU Sackler as an international student. Unfortunately, I did not receive any notification until now. The program officer says "Once a decision is made, we will notify you". Does it mean I am rejected? 

19 hours ago, Ayumi said:

Need your advice.

I applied for NYU Sackler as an international student. Unfortunately, I did not receive any notification until now. The program officer says "Once a decision is made, we will notify you". Does it mean I am rejected? 

Did you write directly to the program?

NYU Sackler has about 6 interview weekends. The last one is in the week of March 1. 

14 hours ago, Manilo said:

does anyone know if NYU Sackler started sending acceptances to Microbiology/Genes Cells and Organisms students?

Yes, someone I know received an acceptance. He was a recruit during the first interview weekend.

• 3 weeks later...