CSUN MSW FALL 2019

waterairairfire

Ahhh!! I got accepted into the two-year on-campus program, sent in my acceptance letter, and got a confirmation from CSUN by email.
I've got to say that waiting for the interview and decision was pretty anxiety-inducing.

Good luck to everyone still in the process.  Hang in there; find healthy, productive ways to stay sane during this process.

(Now to figure out how to house and feed myself in the fall...)

On 3/15/2019 at 9:16 AM, msw_grl said:

@MissB07 Thank you!! Actually the first time I applied I was not invited for an interview, then in May I received an e-mail stating I did not get in. But this second time, I was interviewed and made it! I wish you the best of luck! :) 

@msw_grl I see. I’m beginning to think people who are interviewing are pretty much in I have not met one person who has had an interview and not been accepted. I’m hoping I get an offer for the program soon. Thank you so much! ❤️

Edited by MissB07

1 hour ago, 2019MSWHopeful said:

Ahhh!! I got accepted into the two-year on-campus program, sent in my acceptance letter, and got a confirmation from CSUN by email.
I've got to say that waiting for the interview and decision was pretty anxiety-inducing.

Good luck to everyone still in the process.  Hang in there; find healthy, productive ways to stay sane during this process.

Congratulations!!!! ?

On 3/15/2019 at 8:30 PM, MSWDUDE19 said:

Thanks @MissB07! So the first time around I also was not invited for an interview. I am pretty sure, only speaking for this program, if you get an interview your chances of getting accepted are pretty high. Best of luck to you, you got this! 

@MSWDUDE19 I think you’re right. My friends who have applied in the past have had interviews and are now in the program. I’m crossing my fingers. Thank you! ?

Edited by MissB07

18 hours ago, 2019MSWHopeful said:

@2019MSWHopeful Whoaaa! Congrats! I saw your post on 3/7 saying you had an interview "next week"--so you had your interview for the two-year on-campus cohort last week (week of 3/10-16)? And they already sent you an acceptance as of 3/17? 

So both my husband and I applied and we both interviewed on 2/18. He received his acceptance email yesterday but I haven’t gotten anything...anyone else interviewed and hasn’t gotten a response yet?? I know it’s only been a day, but the anxiety is real ?

Edited by KiraSly25

4 minutes ago, KiraSly25 said:

So both my husband and I applied and we both interviewed on 2/18. He received his acceptance email yesterday but I haven’t gotten anything...anyone else interviewed and hasn’t gotten a response yet?? I know it’s only been a day, but the anxiety is real ?

@KiraSly25 Which cohort did you two apply to and interview for?

I interviewed March 4 for the two-year on-campus cohort and was told to not check in with them any sooner than a month afterwards. It seems like the different cohorts are getting invited to interview at different times and are hearing back at different rates. Seems like 4-5 weeks post interview is the EARLIEST people will hear back (and therefore you shouldn't worry), based on what I've seen here.

(One guy here seems to have gotten accepted the very next week after his interview for the two-year cohort... I'm waiting for his reply to see if that's correct. If it is, I'm gonna start feeling antsy, haha!)

1 hour ago, LCSWdreams said:

I interviewed March 4 for the two-year on-campus cohort and was told to not check in with them any sooner than a month afterwards. It seems like the different cohorts are getting invited to interview at different times and are hearing back at different rates. Seems like 4-5 weeks post interview is the EARLIEST people will hear back (and therefore you shouldn't worry), based on what I've seen here.

(One guy here seems to have gotten accepted the very next week after his interview for the two-year cohort... I'm waiting for his reply to see if that's correct. If it is, I'm gonna start feeling antsy, haha!)

Edited by KiraSly25

1 hour ago, LCSWdreams said:

We applied for the 2 year online cohort. But that gives me some hope...hopefully I’ll hear from them by next week. ?

@KiraSly25 I applied for the 2 year online cohort as well and haven’t heard back yet. I am feeling very nervous. 

CSUN is also in spring break, so maybe we will hear back next week for sure! 

Edited by CSUNMSW19

On 3/18/2019 at 5:16 PM, LCSWdreams said:

@2019MSWHopeful Whoaaa! Congrats! I saw your post on 3/7 saying you had an interview "next week"--so you had your interview for the two-year on-campus cohort last week (week of 3/10-16)? And they already sent you an acceptance as of 3/17? 

Yes.  They got back pretty quickly.

2 hours ago, SWGIRL_19 said:

I received my acceptance on Tuesday! They mentioned it would take up until May to get back with decisions but I was so glad i received mine early 

Congratulations!!!! When did you have your interview? 

On 3/22/2019 at 7:04 PM, LCSWdreams said:

@2019MSWHopeful That's awesome. Do you happen to know if anyone else you interviewed with has heard back, too?

Unfortunately, I was too caught up with being nervous during the interviews that I didn't exchange any contact info with my fellow interviewees, but I hope they got in.

Congrats to everyone accepted!  This wait is killing me.  I submitted my CSUN application on the day it was due and had my interview 3/11.   I’m applying to the 2 year on campus program.   To those still waiting we got this! I have seen post from last year from those who interviewed early February and didn’t hear back until early May.  

17 hours ago, FutureSW19 said:

Congrats to everyone accepted!  This wait is killing me.  I submitted my CSUN application on the day it was due and had my interview 3/11.   I’m applying to the 2 year on campus program.   To those still waiting we got this! I have seen post from last year from those who interviewed early February and didn’t hear back until early May.  

@FutureSW19Hello ? I also submitted my application the day of and had my interview 03/06. I’m checking my email everyday!!!! Have you applied anywhere else? 

Hey everyone! Hope those who haven't heard yet will hear back soon. I was interviewed  2/11 and accepted 2/27 for the 2-year on-campus program. I know there's an orientation coming up 4/22, hope to see some of yall there!