UT Dallas application- confused about my status

So I've been obsessing over my application to this program because they do rolling admissions so I know I could hear from them earlier than my other programs. But my status on their portal is confusing and I've emailed them with no response so I'm hoping someone who applied/is in the program could give me some guidance!

My status says "awaiting documents", and like a week ago it said that I needed to send in my official transcript. What's interesting is that on their website, they say they don't need official transcripts until after admission. But I haven't heard anything and I didn't want to be held back by anything so I went ahead and sent a copy of my official transcript. Then, I got an email from the graduate school this morning that said I needed to send my FINAL transcript, which I of course don't have because I'm still in my last semester. My portal also still says "awaiting documents" but now it says I need my final transcript. I'm hoping this means I will hear something soon? I've seen others in the past say their status has stayed the same but they received an email directly from Dr. Stillman, the program head, that they were accepted. I'm just so anxious and confused and I've already tried to email the program and haven't heard anything back so I thought I would reach out here. Thanks!

The "awaiting documents" status is a glitch (according to their department) and I think it will continue to say that until a decision has been made. Don't worry, you're fine! The email you got requesting a final transcript might mean something good...

21 minutes ago, doodlydoe said:

The "awaiting documents" status is a glitch (according to their department) and I think it will continue to say that until a decision has been made. Don't worry, you're fine! The email you got requesting a final transcript might mean something good...

I hope that's the case! I've just seen other people getting accepted the past few days and it would be really nice to hear something, maybe it would help me stop looking at this website so much...

Hi I went there and worked at the school too.  It is an error message that is sent to every single applicant who does not have an official transcript on file.  They have asked the IT department to change it for years, but bc all other programs there require the official transcripts they haven’t been able to change it for the 1 program that takes unofficial transcripts.

The email is not sent from the department it is sent from the university system and has no impact on your application.

They have been on break so that’s why you are having trouble hearing back they have at least 3 weeks off between semesters.

Dr. Stillman typically personally emails accepted students to offer them admission to the program.  The process can take months bc a first round of people are accepted and the program has to wait for their decision before they can offer those spots to the next applicant.  They’re most likely in the process of making those first offers.

It is an amazing program good luck!!

On 1/25/2019 at 2:38 PM, natalee said:

So I got in this year (woo!) and I got a physical letter in the mail. So maybe they changed it this year!

Congratulations, that is amazing! Did your status change at all on the galaxy portal?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting to get super antsy about UT Dallas :( I submitted my application like the first day December and still haven't heard back from them (I was really excited). I see that more people are starting to get accepted now.

Anybody else in the same boat? Should I start giving up hope with this school?

Edited by ifslp

4 hours ago, ifslp said:

I'm starting to get super antsy about UT Dallas :( I submitted my application like the first day December and still haven't heard back from them (I was really excited). I see that more people are starting to get accepted now.

Anybody else in the same boat? Should I start giving up hope with this school?

Yeah I still haven't heard anything and I'm starting to feel bummed but I'm holding out hope!

1 hour ago, emilymstar said:

Yeah I still haven't heard anything and I'm starting to feel bummed but I'm holding out hope!

Hi I literally got accepted yesterday and I was feeling the same way. I also submitted mine early in December and I know people who applied after me that found out earlier than I did. I wouldn't get too worried as their official deadline isn't until tomorrow. Best of luck!