UNC MSW 2019

bswtomsw1

4 hours ago, calmchili said:

Awww.... congratulations! Mind sharing your stats and exp?

4 hours ago, honeynut said:

Nicely done, mind sharing your stats? 

Thank you both!!

I majored in sociology and gender studies in undergrad. I have some research under my belt and a published thesis. I went to a non-traditional college, so I do't have a GPA. I didn't submit GRE scores either. I've been working at a repro health + immigrants rights non profit for the last 2.5 years and volunteering as an abortion doula on the side. I applied to UNC on 12/11 and heard back 2/21.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting! 

5 hours ago, WRJ said:

Thank you both!!

I majored in sociology and gender studies in undergrad. I have some research under my belt and a published thesis. I went to a non-traditional college, so I do't have a GPA. I didn't submit GRE scores either. I've been working at a repro health + immigrants rights non profit for the last 2.5 years and volunteering as an abortion doula on the side. I applied to UNC on 12/11 and heard back 2/21.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting! 

Thank you for sharing!

Nope, haven’t heard anything yet. Do not doubt yourself. They’re just being thorough because the applicant pool doubled. March 15 is just the day they want to give everyone a decision by. You’ll be fine!!

41 minutes ago, unctomsw said:

Has anyone that applied full-time heard anything lately? I'm thinking that I probably will get rejected since it's getting closer to March 15.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:18 PM, Sgk19 said:

Hi there! I applied to the full time program by 1/8, still waiting to hear something. Is anyone else applying that didn’t major in Social Work in ungerdrad? 

Im so nervous because my gpa is nowhere near their average, but I refused to be discouraged.

Similar to me!! I applied by 1/8, didn’t major in SW in undergrad, and also didn’t have an average-for-UNC GPA. I’m hoping my professional/volunteer experience and extenuating circumstances help me. Fingers crossed!!!

4 hours ago, sullyac said:

Similar to me!! I applied by 1/8, didn’t major in SW in undergrad, and also didn’t have an average-for-UNC GPA. I’m hoping my professional/volunteer experience and extenuating circumstances help me. Fingers crossed!!!

Yes fingers crossed!! This is my first choice so I really truly hope they give me an opportunity, but  we only have 2 weeks and we will find out! 

5 hours ago, sullyac said:

Hey! I applied to UNC on december 15 and majored in sociology in undergrad--I got accepted last week for the two year/full time track.

They said decisions won't be finalized until March 15 so there's definitely still time !!!

I was accepted a week ago, still waiting to hear from the other places I applied. 

3.8 GPA no GRE sent, psych degree, took a year off to get experience and money. I wish we heard about financial aid sooner lol :)

1 hour ago, Bri_Na said:

I was accepted a week ago, still waiting to hear from the other places I applied. 

3.8 GPA no GRE sent, psych degree, took a year off to get experience and money. I wish we heard about financial aid sooner lol :)

Big cong! It seems suddenly so quiet.