UNC MSW 2019

bswtomsw1

2 hours ago, sullyac said:

I am perfectly ok w being rejected (it’s a selective program and I will be in good company!) but I just want to KNOW, you know? 

Same here. I guess 90% I will get rejected. Just wanna know the result.

3 hours ago, findtheriver said:

Hi, Just a heads up for anyone who uses Gmail-- I received my acceptance late last week from UNC but didn't see it right away because it went to the "Promotions" folder!  

All the best with your applications & decisions ?

Was your UNC application portal updated around the same time with your decision too?

Hey anyone-  if UNC Chapel Hill  is one of your top choices for your MSW, would you mind saying why?  Especially would love to hear from those doing the Direct Practice track. 

Thanks and best of luck! 

Edited by findtheriver

1 hour ago, findtheriver said:

Hey anyone-  if UNC Chapel Hill  is one of your top choices for your MSW, would you mind saying why?  Especially would love to hear from those doing the Direct Practice track. 

Thanks and best of luck! 

My uncle and I found out that we both had a tumor in January 2017, unfortunately my uncles tumor was malignant and mine was not. My uncle passed away from Sarcoma in 2017. He was only 27, so more like a brother than uncle. And the suffering and resource barriers he went through peaked my interest in working with oncology patients. Now I would like to be a Pediatric Oncology Social Worker. It’s unfortunate what they have to go through.

30 minutes ago, sullyac said:

I got in! I can’t believe it! I literally called to see if it was a mistake!

(2.9 undergrad GPA, 4.0 GPA in non degree seeking classes since 2015, lots of Life Experience [see also: my 2.9 GPA], volunteer work w domestic violence survivors, and paid work in law & public policy)

When did you get your acceptance? Also is this for 2 year?