Pittsburgh Theological Seminary?

doctormelody

7 hours ago, xypathos said:

What are your career aspirations? Are you hoping to go on to a PhD or do you have other aspirations?

Yes, that would be my aim if I were to apply to MTS programs. I mean, at least I think so - I'm also just really passionate about the subject, and the fact that they seem to offer pretty decent financial aid was appealing to me. 

It a good seminary in my understanding, and you'll likely get a good education depending on what you want (that is, they're probably gonna be focused on Christian theology and biblical studies), but is not known as a feeder school into PhD programs. It would be a good option if you're not committed to doing a PhD and want to stay in the area. But you may need to do a ThM or an STM at a bigger school down the road to make the leap to PhD. 

Does University of Pittsburgh have a program? I recall a recall professor from undergraduate having a PhD from there

24 minutes ago, Rabbit Run said:

It a good seminary in my understanding, and you'll likely get a good education depending on what you want (that is, they're probably gonna be focused on Christian theology and biblical studies), but is not known as a feeder school into PhD programs. It would be a good option if you're not committed to doing a PhD and want to stay in the area. But you may need to do a ThM or an STM at a bigger school down the road to make the leap to PhD. 

Does University of Pittsburgh have a program? I recall a recall professor from undergraduate having a PhD from there

Thank you! This is good to know.

I looked it up, and Pitt's graduate program in religious is ending due to lack of funding. Very sad.

Edited by doctormelody