rnlwk

Is there anyone who got interviews from POIs?

I saw plenty of interview postings last year, but not nowadays... Does the interview indicate admission for UCB? (I mean being interviewed = high possibility of admission)

Also, when will the results come out?? It's really painful to wait

Maybe they came to a conclusion that interviews don't give that much benefit.

I do think that interviews indicate a higher possibility of admission because at least it means they are interested in your application.

But as it looks so it doesn't seems as a free pass

I applied to UCB and no feedback from them. I saw on the results that they usually send out waves of acceptance/rejection around Feb-1/15

43 minutes ago, bomber said:

I applied to UCB and no feedback from them. I saw on the results that they usually send out waves of acceptance/rejection around Feb-1/15

I also haven't received one yet from Stanford EE either.... So sad

Edited by rnlwk

1 minute ago, bomber said:

Did you do the interview with your POIs? 

In what fields are u applying for? (for me, IC)

3 hours ago, Jay Wong said:

If you search Berkeley Computer Science, you will see lots of interview reports from 1/1 - 1/26.

One thing about Berkeley is that they don't send rejections until March.... ?

Hmmm... Maybe EE and CS of berkeley are managing their admissions separately...

That's quite strange

I had some interviews and will have others next week.  At least I know that they are considering my application, I have heard back by 5 schools.

I'm applying in Comm.

7 minutes ago, bomber said:

I had some interviews and will have others next week.  At least I know that they are considering my application, I have heard back by 5 schools.

I'm applying in Comm.

Thanks! Let's keep our fingers crossed 

54 minutes ago, yjkim192 said:

But maybe AI/ML is...

The call was for ML. 

Edit: I suppose I should note that this information isn't very confident, because it's possible that these calls are part of acceptances, and they were just sorting out final details for some accepted students. 

Edited by peanutjellyfish

I'm curious about the funding offer of Berkeley.

For me, the admission letter said that they will provide one year stipend and registration fee. (Don't know about the following years....)

How about other admittants? Do you guys have the same offer or slightly different one?

Applied to UC Berkeley Masters in Engineering in EECS. I study Electrical and Computer Engineering from Ivy League top engineering school, have 4 good internships, 4 good recs, and 4 years of relevant research, with 3.8 GPA. GRE is average for admitted students. Really hoping I get this.

I also applied to Stanford MS in EE, Princeton MS CS, MIT PHD EECS, and Cornell Tech MENG ECE (Accepted w/ 20K merit scholarship).