Harvard MDE Fall 2019

designtown944

Question

18 answers to this question

Hey guys !

Happy to finally see a thread on Harvard MDE on Grad Cafe. I had a chance to interact with a current student who was called for an interview last year. 

I was told that MDE interviews a few candidates to just get some clarifications. In the final list of admitted students there, a people who have directly been admitted without an interview and there are also people admitted after an interview. Like you guys have already discussed, not getting an interview in no way means you won't be on the admitted list.

Cheers

@BaeHH and @designtown944 Good luck with your interviews. Would be happy to know how they have gone and what is it that the ad-com is looking to know through these interviews.

7 hours ago, SeeIt said:

Hey guys !

Happy to finally see a thread on Harvard MDE on Grad Cafe. I had a chance to interact with a current student who was called for an interview last year. 

I was told that MDE interviews a few candidates to just get some clarifications. In the final list of admitted students there, a people who have directly been admitted without an interview and there are also people admitted after an interview. Like you guys have already discussed, not getting an interview in no way means you won't be on the admitted list.

Cheers

@BaeHH and @designtown944 Good luck with your interviews. Would be happy to know how they have gone and what is it that the ad-com is looking to know through these interviews.

Thanks for wishing me luck. I finished my interview :) . i will tell u guys as soon as i get a result!

I got an interview request yesterday and it is on coming weekend.

As @pensivefont said, it is not required and I believe it doesn't mean much.. so no worries.

But...I would like to know if anybody else got the request too..

if did, who are the interviewer? are you an international student? designer? 

Edited by BaeHH

6 hours ago, designtown944 said:

@BaeHH Good luck! Hope it goes well. 

Wondering why they have interviews if those aren’t required. Has anyone been accepted in the previous years without an interview?

I do believe that is the case. Just because you didn't get an interview doesn't mean you won't get accepted.

22 hours ago, BaeHH said:

I got an interview request yesterday and it is on coming weekend.

As @pensivefont said, it is not required and I believe it doesn't mean much.. so no worries.

But...I would like to know if anybody else got the request too..

if did, who are the interviewer? are you an international student? designer? 

Hey I got the interview request on Thursday. I am an international applicant with a design background. Kind wondering what kind question admission will ask during the interview. :unsure:

@designtown944 thank you ?! I applied Mdes also, MIT media lab,  and CMU Miips. I haven't got any email from them. 

how about you ?? 

@Raphaellin hmmm... me too.... I am designer working in different country although i have US undergraduate degree. 

I am starting to think that reasons for the interview are to see our sufficient eng. skill and how can we collaborate with other departments?

4 hours ago, BaeHH said:

@designtown944 thank you ?! I applied Mdes also, MIT media lab,  and CMU Miips. I haven't got any email from them. 

how about you ?? 

@Raphaellin hmmm... me too.... I am designer working in different country although i have US undergraduate degree. 

I am starting to think that reasons for the interview are to see our sufficient eng. skill and how can we collaborate with other departments?

@BaeHH: This year, only applied to MDE. If that doesn’t work out will probably apply to more next year. Interview process is interesting to say the least given it’s technically not required. Hope it goes well for you guys! 

5 hours ago, BaeHH said:

how about you ?? 

I got a chance to connect with a previous applicant. She told me the interview was pretty chill and they just wanted to know more about our background. No intense questions or technical questions were asked. 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:08 PM, Lalaland7 said:

I got a decision mail today! 

It asked me to check the status update.

AND I got in! I hope you guys got a good news as well. 

Hey,

Congratulations on your selection! I too will be joining the MDE cohort this fall. Let me know if you would like to connect.