Hey Everyone! 

SDSU 3 Year MSW Direct Practice is my #1 choice and I have been checking my portal every day to see if admission decisions have been made yet.  I know on the FAQ it says letters will be mailed between April-June, but I also heard about earlier dates from reliable sources.  

Has anyone heard anything back? 

Hey! I was hoping someone would make a thread on SDSU, haven't seen anyone talking about it.

I applied for the 2 year direct practice route and submitted my application on November 1st --- still haven't heard anything. I've been checking everyday, super nerve-racking!

I emailed an admissions officer last month and she said they send decision letters in February and March. Also, many people I know who applied in the past few years got their letters in February... So I'm guessing that it will come any day now?? We will see.

Either way I will post here with the decision when it comes.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Keaton Williams said:

Okay so my best friend just got accepted to the Advanced Standing MSW program.  I’m thinking for the Direct Programs they will email us this next week.  At least I’m hoping haha 

I think you’re right! Someone on Facebook said they submitted their application on October 30 for the 2-year program and just heard back yesterday. So I’m thinking we should hear back sometime next week.

Fingers crossed!

7 hours ago, nhannah said:

I got in February 15th for the 2year direct practice MSW and then they gave a 7 day “save your spot” deadline

Congrats!! Looks like they sent their first batch on that date.

When did you turn your application in?

10 hours ago, bavas said:

Nothing still on my end. Maybe tomorrow?

Ugh yeah nothing here either.  I saw someone last year got accepted on March 3rd soooo maybe it’ll be either today or this weekend??  Hahaha I’m dying of anxiety.  

On 3/1/2019 at 6:29 AM, Keaton Williams said:

Ugh yeah nothing here either.  I saw someone last year got accepted on March 3rd soooo maybe it’ll be either today or this weekend??  Hahaha I’m dying of anxiety.  

Anything yet??

On 3/4/2019 at 5:26 PM, bavas said:

Nope ? I’ve learned to never have expectations about decisions again lol

I got accepted today!  Weirdly though, the letter started out as “your application was impressive, however...” and they stated that they could not offer me a spot in the 2 year program, but could offer me a spot in the 3 year program.  I literally CRIED when I read the first few words.  But what is weird is that I didn’t apply for the 2 year....I wanted the 3 year lol sooo I just told them I accepted their offer ??‍♂️ I assume they’ll get back to me tomorrow. 

42 minutes ago, bavas said:

Wow congrats to the both of you!! And yes, waitlist is definitely not bad.

I have yet to hear back at all though, thinking it's a rejection  ?

I wouldn’t think so as of yet.  When I called, they said they were working their best to send out admission notifications but are behind a little.  So there is still time!