Fordham Fall 2019 - Sent the wrong version of transcripts - Am I screwed?

mmiranda418

Hi Everyone,

I applied to the MSW program at Fordham for Fall 2019; I met the deadline and submitted my unofficial undergrad transcript from Fordham and an unofficial transcript from Hunter (I took a class at the social work school there as a non-degree).

Today, I got an email from the Fordham MSW admissions office stating that the transcripts were deleted because they did not meet their criteria; I mistakenly assumed that the transcripts on my student webpages (for both schools) were unofficial transcripts. I immediately requested that the correct transcripts be sent through expedited service.

Is this mistake going to screw me in terms of admissions or financial aid? I'm really kicking myself right now...I genuinely thought that I sent the right transcripts.

1 hour ago, mmiranda418 said:

Hi Everyone,

I applied to the MSW program at Fordham for Fall 2019; I met the deadline and submitted my unofficial undergrad transcript from Fordham and an unofficial transcript from Hunter (I took a class at the social work school there as a non-degree).

Today, I got an email from the Fordham MSW admissions office stating that the transcripts were deleted because they did not meet their criteria; I mistakenly assumed that the transcripts on my student webpages (for both schools) were unofficial transcripts. I immediately requested that the correct transcripts be sent through expedited service.

Is this mistake going to screw me in terms of admissions or financial aid? I'm really kicking myself right now...I genuinely thought that I sent the right transcripts.

I mean, they let you know, so I think you’re probably okay? How long ago was the deadline?

3 hours ago, mmiranda418 said:

The deadline was February 1st and they notified me yesterday (the 6th). 

Oh, yeah, I think you'll be fine then. It was an honest mistake, they let you know, and you were able to correct it within a reasonable timeframe, so I really doubt this is anything to worry about. I understand kicking yourself for it, though! I would be freaking out too but I honestly think you'll be okay.

Some schools do give grace periods if there was any issues with documents. Them giving notification is a good sign that they will forgive the mishap and not have it completely disqualify you from consideration. 

• 2 weeks later...