Pennsylvania State University - Fall 2019 (PSU)

TheSkyisNotFalling

On 2/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, TheSkyisNotFalling said:

Hey guys! I haven't seen a thread about this so far. So I wanted to start it.

I'm an international student going to Penn State this fall under the PhD Chemistry program. :)

As a Chinese applicant for 19Fall, I also received the offer from Penn State U. Planning to go to Penn State's Chemistry program.

I was recently accepted to the Master's program in Aerospace Engineering but I'm going to Michigan instead for a PhD. If anyone is looking for housing though I have a lease I need to get out of at RISE at State College right downtown. The floor plan I have is for graduate students only and is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. I posted a link with the details on Craigslist. If you or any of your friends are interested check it out and let me know. Thanks!

https://pennstate.craigslist.org/roo/d/university-park-rise-state-college/6814498215.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to you! As an international student, my applications don't go very well this year. Thank you so much Penn State! Because I applied for 17 programs(all of them are PhD Chemistry Program), and now I only received offer from Penn State(haven't received anything from five school yet). If the rest schools don't give me chance, I have only one choice. I spent so much money and time but it turns our that I wasted money on those schools which ranked very high, like MIT, UCSF, Caltech, UC Berkeley. But I think the experience made me know more about these top schools. Maybe next time(applying for post doc) I will have more chance!

But to be honest, Penn State is a very good school for me! I feel very happy to get this. 

Wish all of us happy in Penn State! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...