I'm so confused!!!

Cloneclub

Okay so last week my the POI from one of my top choices contacted me and said I didnt get a TA ship for a phd program, so it wasnt going to happen for me(it was said in a nicer way, don't worry). Then I got an interview invite anyway. I was confused but quickly responded yes. I have zero idea how their system works and I thought maybe someone else liked me. Then I get an email from the POI saying since no funding that I shouldn't go to the interview and I could come by some other time. Should I still go? Will I be missing out on an opportunity if it I don't? 

26 minutes ago, Cloneclub said:

Okay so last week my the POI from one of my top choices contacted me and said I didnt get a TA ship for a phd program, so it wasnt going to happen for me(it was said in a nicer way, don't worry). Then I got an interview invite anyway. I was confused but quickly responded yes. I have zero idea how their system works and I thought maybe someone else liked me. Then I get an email from the POI saying since no funding that I shouldn't go to the interview and I could come by some other time. Should I still go? Will I be missing out on an opportunity if it I don't? 

Still go.  You'll never know until you go.  May be someone else.

2 minutes ago, Cloneclub said:

That wont be offensive to the POI? This process is so taxing I've forgotten how humans act. 

It doesn't matter since the POI has already written you off as not accepted, since you didn't get funding.  If you're confused enough, why not ask the grad admissions email and NOT the professor. 

6 minutes ago, Cloneclub said:

I am confused enough. I just worry about upsetting people, that won't get solved via this. My deep seeded neurosis is it's own thing. But yeah I probably should call them and just ask.

Yep, call or email and ask the grad department, NOT the POI.