What time of day did your offer come?

crackademik

My first offer (PhD program) came at 7:56 EST as an email to check my status via website because an admissions decision was available. Not sure if that's exactly when the letter was uploaded on the site or if it just took that extra time for it to kick in. The grad director followed up a few days later at 5:13pm.

My second offer (MS program) came at 4:05pm EST.

All of my acceptances were in the same time zone I was in, so it's pretty interesting to me when I recieve them. Hoping for more! 

Also, I got an email letting me know my application was changed in status to being referred to the department, which happened two weeks after I submitted my app (not on the dot), and that email was sent at 1:45am EST.  

11 minutes ago, literalturtle said:

My first offer (PhD program) came at 7:56 EST as an email to check my status via website because an admissions decision was available. Not sure if that's exactly when the letter was uploaded on the site or if it just took that extra time for it to kick in. The grad director followed up a few days later at 5:13pm.

My second offer (MS program) came at 4:05pm EST.

All of my acceptances were in the same time zone I was in, so it's pretty interesting to me when I recieve them. Hoping for more! 

Also, I got an email letting me know my application was changed in status to being referred to the department, which happened two weeks after I submitted my app (not on the dot), and that email was sent at 1:45am EST.  

You wanna trade lives? lol

1 minute ago, Ternwild said:

Oh?  Ruined due to not wanting to get in?  Or exterior life things?

Exterior life, i.e. a disappointed mother who I can never make happy (I'm fairly young and was extremely excited about these acceptances.) The first acceptance "isn't a real degree" and the second one (the MS) was a happy reaction from her, because I'm "too...young for a PhD" (with a long, easily misinterpreted pause) and that school I was accepted to is also closer to her than my dream schools. Then she told me she hoped I don't get into said dream schools because I'd be too far away. 

At this point, I'm just looking for an acceptance I can actually be excited about. Apologies if TMI lol

2 minutes ago, literalturtle said:

Exterior life, i.e. a disappointed mother who I can never make happy (I'm fairly young and was extremely excited about these acceptances.) The first acceptance "isn't a real degree" and the second one (the MS) was a happy reaction from her, because I'm "too...young for a PhD" (with a long, easily misinterpreted pause) and that school I was accepted to is also closer to her than my dream schools. Then she told me she hoped I don't get into said dream schools because I'd be too far away. 

At this point, I'm just looking for an acceptance I can actually be excited about. Apologies if TMI lol

You can be excited about all of them.  It seems to me your mother is a terrible person, even if she thinks she means well.  Truthfully, it seems to me like you need to accept the offer that is the furthest away from here.