What time of day did your offer come?

crackademik

9:50 AM CST acceptance to a master's program

4:22 PM CST invite to an interview for a PhD. 

I have noticed heavier traffic on this site between 2-5 CST, and it would make sense that departments don't want to send emails or make calls first thing in the morning!

2 hours ago, homie said:

That's because of time difference I suppose? 

Right...which means that 1030p for me, in Pacific time, is literally 130am for them...you should probably sit this one out. xD

Edited by Ternwild

52 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

Right...which means that 1030p for me, in Pacific time, is literally 130am for them...you should probably sit this one out.

Let's not fight about this lol 

I just thought the question of this thread is funny. It doesn't really matter at what time of the day the notifications arrive... Discussing it just makes people more anxious 

3 hours ago, homie said:

That's because of time difference I suppose? 

Some people got stuff at like 2 am in the same time zone. Nothing is certain in this process.

If it makes you anxious I suggest not looking at the board rather than downvoting. 

Edited by kendalldinniene

1 hour ago, homie said:

Let's not fight about this lol

Says the person who decides to flat out crap on a post for no reason. Different people cope with the anxiety of waiting differently. For me, allowing myself to only check my email during offer “peak hours” is a way to cope.

As others have implied, maybe just don’t comment on a post that you think is useless?

Edited by crackademik

10 AM and 9:15 AM for acceptances

3:45 PM and 2 AM for rejections (automated)

All schools are PDT 

If I had to guess, acceptances will be in the morning to mid-day since a person has to send them, and rejections are whatever goes 

23 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

Some people got stuff at like 2 am in the same time zone. Nothing is certain in this process.

If it makes you anxious I suggest not looking at the board rather than downvoting. 

Nothing is certain, so as you said, then what's the point? 

I only downvoted because the other two downvoted mine. In anyway was my post offensive? If not, then that was just mean. 

23 hours ago, crackademik said:

Says the person who decides to flat out crap on a post for no reason. Different people cope with the anxiety of waiting differently. For me, allowing myself to only check my email during offer “peak hours” is a way to cope.

As others have implied, maybe just don’t comment on a post that you think is useless?

Says the person who started all of this looool 

Hey, instead of focusing on what time they send out notifications (and downvoting replies you dislike), why not wish everyone receiving a desired offer? 

Edited by homie
minor edit

@homie you didn’t like the reaction you got so you...gave it?

Wanting to have every thread of info to make yourself feel in control and wishing everyone well are not mutually exclusive, at all.

Yes, it is offensive, but furthermore supremely unhelpful, to judge how other people find comfort in this distinctly uncomfortable process. Again, if you don’t find solace in this thread, bow out. No one is stopping you.

4 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:
12 minutes ago, homie said:

Yes, it is offensive, but furthermore supremely unhelpful, to judge how other people find comfort in this distinctly uncomfortable process. Again, if you don’t find solace in this thread, bow out. No one is stopping you.

Hey Kendall, to be clear I have no intent to be offensive. It blew up my mind if you (or the others) think the other way.

You started attacking people without knowing the time stamps of the downvotes in the first place, so don't try educating others if you behave the same way 

18 minutes ago, homie said:

Hey Kendall, to be clear I have no intent to be offensive. It blew up my mind if you (or the others) think the other way.

You started attacking people without knowing the time stamps of the downvotes in the first place, so don't try educating others if you behave the same way 

I didn’t attack you at all. ✌️

I responded thoughtfully to you. 

Edited by kendalldinniene