Loan Forgiveness?

Does anyone really know how loan forgiveness works? Is it only in certain states? Is it only loans through FAFSA? I have no idea how any of it works and am having trouble finding more information on it! If anyone has more knowledge on this topic I'd love to hear it :) I'm still waiting to hear back from all my schools (and am dying waiting) and am trying to be proactive with this and distract myself from the non-stop email checks I've been doing!

Usually it is just federal loans and it can only be Stafford direct loans, not the older FFEEL loans. You have to apply for it and qualify every year for working in specific places of employment and you have to make 120 qualified payments before you would qualify. If you have started this process and then go back for an advanced degree, you would need to talk to your servicer. I am not sure how that changes things.

I hope this helps!

I also read the specific places of employment included federal jobs and at low-income schools. However, you must be employed for a certain amount of time.