UC-Boulder Acceptance

14 hours ago, marieslp said:

Update: Received my acceptance to Boulder today!! What other schools are you considering? Also Wish I was Beyonce (but who doesn't) love your username 

Congrats! And thank you! I've been accepted to UW-Madison, Minnesota-Twin Cities, and UC-Boulder so far, and I'm waiting on UT-Austin. These are the main schools I'm considering, but it's SO hard. 

I feel you!! That's exciting about Madison especially!! I also applied to UT Austin. But I can get in-state at Boulder so even though we haven't even heard about Austin I think I have to cross it off the list. But I would love to go there!! I wish money weren't a factor. 

2 hours ago, OregonSLP said:

Hey y'all. What are you guys thinking about Boulder? Have any of you visited the campus or Boulder in general? Still waiting on a few but it's feeling like the front runner for me right now.  

I am feeling the same! I will hear back from one more school and then it'll be between that and Boulder. I haven't visited yet but am planning on going to the open house. Is anyone else going?

On 3/8/2019 at 10:55 AM, slptobe! said:

I did my undergrad here if anyone has any specific questions!

How do you like Boulder as a city? I've heard that it's beautiful but also that the people are pretty homogeneous in terms of interests/lifestyles. Were you able to meet a variety of cool people? 

I've also heard it's expensive. Did you live off campus - was rent reasonable? Where are good areas to live if you're commuting to/from the university? 

Also- is having a car necessary or is public transportation pretty good?

Thank you thank you!

5 hours ago, OregonSLP said:

How do you like Boulder as a city? I've heard that it's beautiful but also that the people are pretty homogeneous in terms of interests/lifestyles. Were you able to meet a variety of cool people? 

I've also heard it's expensive. Did you live off campus - was rent reasonable? Where are good areas to live if you're commuting to/from the university? 

Also- is having a car necessary or is public transportation pretty good?

Thank you thank you!

I personally loved Boulder as a town, it is a lot of people packed into a little space, but it is incredibly beautiful. There is nothing like having the mountains so close like that. But yes, it is also incredibly expensive depending on your living situation and spending habits. I grew up in southern California, so it was not as much of a shock for me, and similarly for others so there are a lot of people from California that move to Boulder. It is a very eco-friendly hippie kind of place because of the magnificent nature there, but that is who I am as well so I personally loved it. I lived off campus, but still extremely close to the campus in Boulder. You could commute, but the parking in Boulder is pretty difficult at times, so if you don't get a parking permit you have to find a good routine. There are buses that go all over as well that are pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it, I had a free bus pass as an undergrad student, so I used those frequently. I have a car, but you could get around without one as well by using the bus, a bike, walking, etc. I loved Boulder, but did grow tired of it over the three years, but it will always hold a special place in my heart. 

Of course!  If you have more, I would love to share.