UW Evans MPA 2019

Got an admission offer yesterday, though with no funding. Would be attending from out of state if I accept (from CA). Anyone else claiming an admission offer? Where are you coming from and what is your area of focus for your studies? :) 

I was accepted! I’m coming from DC and I’m interested in nonprofit management. I’ll likely attend - they gave me funding while NYU Wagner did not, and I’d much rather live in Seattle than in Manhattan.

I got into Evans, with some funding. Also coming from NYC area. I would likely study policy analysis and some combination of economic development/education/workforce development. I've got a less expensive offer at Heinz, though, and I'm a little concerned about whether Evans has a robust network in NYC, because I'd like to end up back here.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:53 AM, City Stripes said:

I got into Evans, with some funding. Also coming from NYC area. I would likely study policy analysis and some combination of economic development/education/workforce development. I've got a less expensive offer at Heinz, though, and I'm a little concerned about whether Evans has a robust network in NYC, because I'd like to end up back here.

Did you apply to NYU Wagner?

Got into Evans, but waiting for other admits currently. 

I would like to study Social Policy. 

Would love to know your respective opinions on how Evans compares to other programs such as SIPA, SPEA or Maxwell. Thanks

Congrats, all! I’m considering attending despite the lack of funding, perhaps very foolishly. Still holding out hope for UCLA as I would be in state and not too far from the school. I would be focusing on analysis and evaluation, and likely would also throw in some social policy and nonprofit management coursework. I’m most likely attending the admitted student days.

Not sure I have an opinion on how Evans compares to the above schools as I applied only to schools on the West Coast, but despite being a local I think I’m more partial to Evans than UCLA - they just seem so so supportive of their students and seem to have a robust student services department.

12 hours ago, City Stripes said:

Yes, I got in but with no funding. I'll definitely appeal that, but it seems unlikely I'd get enough from NYU for it to be competitive with other offers.

Yep, I'm in the same boat as you!

Guest ke7312

I'm seriously considering Evans now after getting all my results back. What do you all think the competitive advantage of the program is? For example, Heinz and Harris have strong quantitative programs, La Follette has strong integration with local government, O'neill has its environmental program, etc. Also, does it mean a lot that Evans is a public administration program as opposed to public policy? (I want to do research type work at a think tank, nonprofit, or consulting firm.)

Edited by ke7312

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

Is anyone interested in non profit/thinktank are considering Evans? What are your thoughts on Evans? What made you decide to attend or not to attend Evans?

I think it is very regional specific but I liked Seattle and Evans has given me solid funding. 

I tried reaching out to Alumnis on Linkedin but I have not heard back :(. How is their alumni network?