Questions about Grad School, Help

imonfire98

I know now these vary by school, so no need to reiterate that. However, I am asking in general are these eyes that occur?? 

- Is there an acceptance fee?

- Is there an orientation fee? Or an orientation?

- Do actual costs end up being more or less expensive than the ‘estimated costs’ on the website? 

I just need help budgeting and saving up. 

If you have not received full funding, some schools will ask for a deposit when you accept. I've seen it usually being like $500. This is usually subtracted from your tuition bill for the fall semester.

I have never heard of an orientation fee, but most programs will have an orientation which is usually between a week or 2 before the start of the semester. 

The costs can definitely vary significantly for living expenses. The school can give an exact for the tuition. Other than that, cost of textbooks, rent, transportation, etc is a lot on you. 

Talking to current students is a good way to gauge your budgeting needs.  Sometimes textbooks can be borrowed and some campuses provide free bus passes.  Rent can be cheaper with roommates or some landlords are very student friendly.  Best places to shop for day to day needs will also be something current students know.