Duke Sanford 2019

9 hours ago, usernamesmakemeanxious said:

To MPP admits: what policy field are you interested in specializing in? It seems like there are a lot of international affairs folks on these message boards. I am just curious! 

I'm wanting to do some kind of social/cultural/educational policy. I want to work on Political campaigns helping candidates develop arts policy or end up lobbying for organizations like the endowment for the arts.

Still putting together the framework, but thats what I'm hoping to achieve!

9 hours ago, FujiShe said:

I'm wanting to do some kind of social/cultural/educational policy. I want to work on Political campaigns helping candidates develop arts policy or end up lobbying for organizations like the endowment for the arts.

Still putting together the framework, but thats what I'm hoping to achieve!

That's exciting! Our country is in desperate need of more arts advocates! I'm focused on social policy as well, specifically racial justice and poverty alleviation. I also want to lobby (although I usually say "advocate" because of the unsavory connotations with lobbyists)

On 3/7/2019 at 4:57 PM, usernamesmakemeanxious said:

To MPP admits: what policy field are you interested in specializing in? It seems like there are a lot of international affairs folks on these message boards. I am just curious! 

Health / social policy with the aims of working on public health campaigns as part of DHHS or other state agencies 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm graduating from Sanford in about a month.  A couple of notes on themes I've seen in this thread:

1) I was able to leverage a strong offer from another school into getting $5k more per year back in 2017.  I'm not sure if they still do this but it's worth asking Jessica Pan.  You might be able to get more for all I know.

2) I have actually been able to get an assistantship for 3/4 semesters, and this is pretty common so you can mostly count on an extra $4k (really $3600 since it is taxed as income).

• 4 weeks later...