Admitted students/Open House Attire

So I recently got invited to MGH IHP open house for speech pathology! I know for other schools and interviews I had to dress very businesslike, but what do people typically wear to open houses/admitted students day?

Because jeans would be ??

Edited by ashe0354

4 hours ago, ashe0354 said:

So I recently got invited to MGH IHP open house for speech pathology! I know for other schools and interviews I had to dress very businesslike, but what do people typically wear to open houses/admitted students day?

Because jeans would be ??

I've done a couple of open houses! Jeans can work as long as they look nice, no holes, and dress them up with cute shoes, a blouse, maybe a blazer, just to be dressier. Especially at this point. You're already in, don't stress about wearing a pants suit or something. You don't want to look overly stuffy either you know? Also, congrats on MHG! I won't be going to the open house because I went the same weekend I interviewed at BU, but I wish I could meet all my future class!

I just got an email today from UNC-Chapel Hill with details on their upcoming admitted students day. They said, "Please be sure to dress comfortably. (You might want to bring along your rain gear just in case)." I think they emphasized the comfort part because there'll be a tour of the campus at the start of the day.

I know this isn't for the same program, but I'd say don't go too dressy. If your open house has a campus tour like mine does, they won't want you to be struggling/uncomfortable walking around everywhere haha. I'll probably dress more casual-but-conservative (slip ons, darker jeans, and a nice blouse).... overall I'd say don't overthink it! Hope this helps and congrats on your acceptance!

Edited by madoc